Stax SRM-313 How much ventilation space needed?
Aug 18, 2005 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jimbobuk

100+ Head-Fier
Just received mine today.. was hoping the manual would enlighten me on this.. how much space is needed around the amp to keep it sufficiently cool?! I'll put in my test space for now and keep an eye on the case and surrounding temperatures.. I fear its not going to be as tall as i'd like.

Any ideas folks.

Aug 18, 2005 at 7:17 PM Post #5 of 7
well i've had my first listen and everything has been very nice so far.. I think the OmegaIIs sound far superior to the HE60s by memory.. the thing i most excited by is their added bass, warmth, darkness and less painful treble (on tracks with painful treble) all leads to them being cans that make the electronica i've tried on them so far sound really nice.. interesting depth effects in the soundstage on those tracks that are new to me.

I've taken a few pictures which are online here

http://jimtreats.com/omegaII/new/

I've got some showing the "tight" fit that the amp has at the moment.

Dscn1382.jpg

To be honest its been about 4 hours or so since i turned it on and its still just feeling warm to the touch.. The amp beneath is off, so has the potential to absorb and vent heat perhaps.

It'll be an issue leaving it on all the time perhaps, but we'll see.. its by the window which is often open so air flow is good, i'll keep an eye on its temps.

Time for some more listening in a bit.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #6 of 7
Looks good to me as it is. Overheating should not occur.

peacesign.gif

Aug 18, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks, i hope not
smily_headphones1.gif

Looking into these SRD-7 Pro's to keep bias charged, they look big and nearly as heavy as my 313.. yes a bit less power i guess as they relied on receiving an amplified signal but still not THAT portable, the 313 may be used to keep things charged.. thats if it convinces me that it makes enough of a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back