Stax-SR007 Is there a way to change the ear pads so that they don't scratch against my ears?
Jun 21, 2011 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Scottsmrnyc

500+ Head-Fier
I need a slightly longer or wider earpad to increase the distance between my left ear and the surface of earspeaker.  I know that this might alter the sound signature but when I am listening to them; I just don't fell relaxed and it ruins my listening sessions.  Is this also going to be a problem in the new SR009s?  All comments welcome.

Jun 26, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
I need a slightly longer or wider earpad to increase the distance between my left ear and the surface of earspeaker.  I know that this might alter the sound signature but when I am listening to them; I just don't fell relaxed and it ruins my listening sessions.  Is this also going to be a problem in the new SR009s?  All comments welcome.

I posted some dimensions in this thread but they're very rough / imprecise so maybe not of so much help: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/531743/new-listening-impressions-of-stax-c32-prototype-and-shipping-sr-009/780#post_7504214

The depth of the earcup seems about the same for both 007 and 009. However the inner diameter of the earpad is clearly larger in the 009, which does not help you though.

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #5 of 9
Taken with a grain of salt as I've only used the mk1 twice but my mk2 pads do seem to be a little thicker (as padam says above).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back