Stax Sr001, Have some thoughts and opinions.
Oct 6, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by $qwuzzy
heya guys
(hey - give me a break: to tell you the brand i'd have to stop listening, open my bag, turn off the amp and open it up! if you really want to know you're just going to have to wait till i get home and check the charger!
tongue.gif
)

OK, hope you have had time to go home and look atthe charger...:)

Oct 6, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by pchong
OK, hope you have had time to go home and look atthe charger...:)

lucky you bumped this thread - i almost forgot!

i bought this powerex pack (4 batteries and a charger)

does the job great - not sure how many hours i get listening, but it's a fair while (if you really want to know i can try and work it out....from the next time i change out my batteries). way better than the batteries that came with the stax system, and 'cause it's a 4 pack you've always got a spare set!!!!

Oct 6, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #33 of 34
Still loving my 003/313 combo here at work, they get more use then any other phones I have by far. Been having a blast with pink floyds 'pulse' concert dvd, friggin' awesome! I'm still amazed at how much these cheap little things make me smile.
lambda.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
The SR-001's portible amp isn't exactly a masterpiece. If you really like them, have you considered geting the SR-003 and a full-sized Stax amp? I an only imagine how awesome it'll be to let the work hours pass listening to an 003 driven from a McAlister EA-1 or something.

I have the Sr001 and 003 running off the Stax 717 amp and don't really find the larger amp to add much. Nor do I agree that the little Stax amp is mediocre. I sold one to a guy who insisted its specs were great and he used it to run a set of Lambdas after he modded the Lambda plug to run on the little amp.

I think that with a decent power supply the mini Stax should work very well. I should try it with the Elenco bench supply I use with my Koss Esp 950. It pulled the Koss up by a fair margin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back