Stax SR-X9000
Jan 4, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #676 of 3,020
Here is a guy who is struggling with he's X9K review

i think this is the third try from him to understand how the X9K sounds
he mentions in he's latest video that X9K has midbass hump, i have to correct him, it has not, maybe we see he's fourth video where he finds this out.

I have compared lately 007 to X9K and X9K is significantly better. I also have the feeling that X9K suits well with tube amps or at least you then have to have a tube front end
Tube dac or tube preamp. I heard X9K with a tube amp and it was perfect.

If he really knows what his audio perferences he wont shift his opinion back and forward like that, the 007Mk1 is a very nice headphone for sure but it didnt have the high resolution and modern touch of the X9000, and I am sure the X9000 is better than the original Omega which in many ways is better than the 007MK1.

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #678 of 3,020
It’s just headphones.. why can’t he changed his opinion on it?
Happened to us all the time.

Well, at least that guy actually has the headphone.
Did you watch the vids and have this opinion

Or are you sticking up for him before viewing them

Because I think you won’t stand up for him if you watch the first 2 videos. He has no clue what he likes and is all over the place. It’s not that the guy can’t have an opinion, it’s whether people should be using his opinion as a baseline this early.

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #679 of 3,020
Yes, I watched all of them.
No one should use his video as a basis to judge the headphone. Everyone will have different opinions on anything and it can change anytime. He just happened to document his opinion on video and share them on YouTube. Why should we use his opinion as a base for anything. I know that his preference and experience with the x9 would not translate to my opinion on it.

Jan 5, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #682 of 3,020
Like everyone’s else here tbh. The only useful impressions are our own ones.
Prett much...I agree...what's working against this guy is the fact that he's reviewing a flagship model that almost nobody has their hands on, with virtually no reviews around, so it's going to get more attention. However, most viewers instead of getting some answers, they leave confused...Personally, should i ever review anything of this caliber and post several videos on YT, I'd like to think I have something meaningful to say, but he probably thinks the same thing, so...

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #683 of 3,020
Prett much...I agree...what's working against this guy is the fact that he's reviewing a flagship model that almost nobody has their hands on, with virtually no reviews around, so it's going to get more attention. However, most viewers instead of getting some answers, they leave confused...Personally, should i ever review anything of this caliber and post several videos on YT, I'd like to think I have something meaningful to say, but he probably thinks the same thing, so...
FCB2DA4E-CA4A-4965-BC0F-8E280D036DB4.jpeg

My thought with the x9000 haven’t change since day 1, it’s simply the best headphone currently in production.
It’s sound like the original sr omega with modern touch.
It’s more detail/higher resolution than the 009 series with much bigger soundstage and deeper bass.

Also the x9k mids really open up after first few weeks of regular uses.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #684 of 3,020

My thought with the x9000 haven’t change since day 1, it’s simply the best headphone currently in production.
It’s sound like the original sr omega with modern touch.
It’s more detail/higher resolution than the 009 series with much bigger soundstage and deeper bass.

I can’t wait to get mine (hopefully this month). Have you tried the Hifiman Shangri-la Sr.? I’m curious how the X9K compares, as they both use a mesh design. @number1sixerfan ’s impressions of his Shangri-la Sr have really increased my interest in possibly buying those headphones. However, if this new Stax is just as good, that’ll make my wallet much happier :beyersmile:

Jan 5, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #685 of 3,020
No one should use his video as a basis to judge the headphone. Everyone will have different opinions on anything and it can change anytime.
I know that his preference and experience with the x9 would not translate to my opinion on it.
I'm neutral here and couldn't care less about anyones reviews or videos...I have my own 2 ears.
I do have to say, though, that you're 100% correct.

Then I guess it's safe to say your thoughts did change after the first few weeks of regular listening.

Jan 6, 2022 at 12:26 AM Post #686 of 3,020
I can’t wait to get mine (hopefully this month). Have you tried the Hifiman Shangri-la Sr.? I’m curious how the X9K compares, as they both use a mesh design. @number1sixerfan ’s impressions of his Shangri-la Sr have really increased my interest in possibly buying those headphones. However, if this new Stax is just as good, that’ll make my wallet much happier :beyersmile:

Oddly enough I got a ship notification this week that I thought was the x9000. Reached out to my dealer and it was something else, which was brutal lol. But it's looking like on target for end of the month.

I can't wait. As always, I'm going to give it at least a few weeks or a month with both before I give an in depth comparison of the two. I suspect that the x9000 will come quite close for the price, and I think they'll be just a bit different really. x9000 seems like it sounds a bit more relaxed/laid back, while it sounds like the SGL might be a bit more energetic/forward. Outside of that, all of the technical things people describe the x9000 doing better than the 009, the SGL also does considerably better (hence my thinking that they're likely close, but again all speculation at this point). I don't think anyone has had considerable time with both, and that's what I'm looking forward toward most. I will report back as honestly as possible lol

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #687 of 3,020
For you. Have you ever heared a Susvara driven by a Niimbus or an LCD-5 with Resolves EQ?
For sure the X9000 looses in bass department as the 009s looses here a lot. The X9000 is too open constructed to compete in this department.
Music is not only mids and highs. That's why I currently only have the 007 to drive with my Carbon. Every other Stax headphone has disappointed me.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:33 AM Post #688 of 3,020
For you. Have you ever heared a Susvara driven by a Niimbus or an LCD-5 with Resolves EQ?
For sure the X9000 looses in bass department as the 009s looses here a lot. The X9000 is too open constructed to compete in this department.
Music is not only mids and highs. That's why I currently only have the 007 to drive with my Carbon. Every other Stax headphone has disappointed me.
And music is not also only bass.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #689 of 3,020
THANK YOU!!! SOOO true...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back