Stax SR-X9000
Dec 23, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #631 of 3,019
Sense of death 🤘👿

Dec 23, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #633 of 3,019
Why do these have so little hype? I have a hunch that they're going to demolish the Abysses and Audezes. 🙃
Price and scarcity

Dec 23, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #635 of 3,019
Seems like CRBN got quite a lot more hype than x9000.
That’s probably just your personal opinion.

Audeze making an electrostatic headphone is new and has people curious.

Stax releasing a new flagship is huge news for those who are already interested in estats.

Dec 23, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #637 of 3,019
Dec 23, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #638 of 3,019
Why do these have so little hype? I have a hunch that they're going to demolish the Abysses and Audezes. 🙃
is just way too expensive compare to normal electrostatic prices and this aint 10years ago where stax isnt the only player in the market making flagship electrostatic headphone

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #639 of 3,019
That’s probably just your personal opinion.

Stax releasing a new flagship is huge news for those who are already interested in estats.
I think although the X9000 sounds more modern, big and refine than the CRBN , the CRBN have a very traditional electrostatic sound, and reminds me of the HE90 alot, I think the CRBN will make a great companion with the X9000 in many ones collection, why not get both?

Dec 23, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #641 of 3,019
By all respect I disagree as my 009 do not have the sense of death compare to my X9000 with Carbon, atleast not on my setup.

By "sense of death," elton7033 possibly meant the X9000 w Carbon sounds so fabulous that the listener gets a pang of anxiety that he/she has died and gone to heaven, and has to take a quick time-out to verify the current surroundings.

If that's not the case, "sounds great on movies (or games) where there's a lot of violence" hasn't been part of my personal traditional evaluation criteria for headphones.

But "legendary typo" works too. "Sense of death" should become an entry in the Glossary of Audiophile Terms Describing Attributes and Quality of Sounds. It would not be the worst descriptor in use.

Dec 23, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #642 of 3,019
I think although the X9000 sounds more modern, big and refine than the CRBN , the CRBN have a very traditional electrostatic sound, and reminds me of the HE90 alot, I think the CRBN will make a great companion with the X9000 in many ones collection, why not get both?
To be honest, I had the CRBN and HE60 and found them quite different - but both great headphones for sure.

Definitely hope to try the X9K in the new year :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 23, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #645 of 3,019
Price and scarcity

This exactly.

Also, some people have listened to Stax before and aren't fond of the traditional sound. The CRBN offers some people a reason to try and get back into stats.. which I think is pretty cool.

Agree here as well, especially on the last part. I have had far more anticipation for the x9000 than the CRBN. Honestly wish the wait times were flip flopped lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back