Stax SR-X9000
Nov 16, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #1,831 of 3,065
Nov 16, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #1,832 of 3,065
One thing I want to add is that people just assume the product they buy is just the end of the road which is not the case at all. My friend who purchased HE-1 system paid twice more on equipments perfecting it. System building requires experience, experimentation, time, and abundant trials and errors if you want to build a serious system.

Personally I spent 5 years buidling my Susvara system and I’m still experimenting for more potentials. All my conclusions and comments are from down to earth practice and hands-on experiments. So I am damn sure what I’m talking about lol
Yeah, I've spent years perfecting my system as well. I first optimized for the Abyss 1266 TCs. Now I'm trying to optimize for the Shang Sr and X9K. I love my WA33 EE JPS, so it was only natural for me to get a 3ES Elite. But everybody's impressions of the T2 have me very tempted. I'm relatively new to the estat world, with a background heavily biased toward planars. The HE-1 is something I really want to hear too.

Nov 16, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #1,833 of 3,065
Yeah, I've spent years perfecting my system as well. I first optimized for the Abyss 1266 TCs. Now I'm trying to optimize for the Shang Sr and X9K. I love my WA33 EE JPS, so it was only natural for me to get a 3ES Elite. But everybody's impressions of the T2 have me very tempted. I'm relatively new to the estat world, with a background heavily biased toward planars. The HE-1 is something I really want to hear too.
Yes always hear yourself!

The only thing you could trust is your own ears:) Yet Elite 3SE won’t be easily on display at shows as it is mostly custom built.

Also as far as I know, 3SE and Wa33 have very different designs.

Besides, you could hear Headamp’s Grand Cayman in 2023 Canjams to have another option. I think you will be blown away as well. It is an updated version of the original amp In the Sennheisier Orpheus system.

Attachments

• C7221C28-A121-4664-BC7C-1867C3DD2779.jpeg
    C7221C28-A121-4664-BC7C-1867C3DD2779.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #1,834 of 3,065
This album is great for testing bass (it's a great instrumental hip-hop album too):

EqKI1sG.png

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #1,835 of 3,065
Yes always hear yourself!

The only thing you could trust is your own ears:) Yet Elite 3SE won’t be easily on display due to its value.

Also as far as I know, 3SE and Wa33 have very different designs.

Besides, you could hear Headamp’s Grand Cayman in 2023 Canjams to have another option. I think you will be blown away as well.
I'm excited about the Grand Cayman, but I never had a BHSE, so I guess I wouldn't even be "allowed" to buy it at first either...lol

Yeah, the 3ES and WA33 are completely different, but they look the same from a visual standpoint. I'm happy with my two Woo Amps, but one can't help but wonder what other things sound like in comparison.

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #1,836 of 3,065
I'm excited about the Grand Cayman, but I never had a BHSE, so I guess I wouldn't even be "allowed" to buy it at first either...lol

Yeah, the 3ES and WA33 are completely different, but they look the same from a visual standpoint. I'm happy with my two Woo Amps, but one can't help but wonder what other things sound like in comparison.
Yes you will be allowed my friend!

Just because BHSE owners have the prior spots in the waiting line, doesn’t mean you can’t buy it without owning BHSE, as Justin said.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #1,838 of 3,065
I love my WA33 EE JPS, so it was only natural for me to get a 3ES Elite. But everybody's impressions of the T2 have me very tempted.

Kerry has been bringing his T2 to CanJams this past year, I'd guess he'd also bring it to CanJam NYC this coming February (@Kerry ?)

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #1,839 of 3,065
we

It was by my friend and it is not actually measurements just temperature testing in Kerry’s T2 thread.

wasn't interesting in measurement as much as impressions. I thought someone had the Aeras for a long loaner to test and made some comparisons to the Carbon they had on hand. I'll have to look for that one can't recall where I saw that. few months ago I think

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #1,840 of 3,065
Kerry has been bringing his T2 to CanJams this past year, I'd guess he'd also bring it to CanJam NYC this coming February (@Kerry ?)
Nice! I'm likely going to CanJam NYC. I need to actually plan for that (mental note)

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #1,841 of 3,065
Nice! I'm likely going to CanJam NYC. I need to actually plan for that (mental note)

don't miss it. amazing show. last year was amazing :)

Nov 16, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #1,842 of 3,065
wasn't interesting in measurement as much as impressions. I thought someone had the Aeras for a long loaner to test and made some comparisons to the Carbon they had on hand. I'll have to look for that one can't recall where I saw that. few months ago I think
You may be thinking of my review from awhile ago:

Eksonic Aeras/STAX SR-X9000 Review

I compared the Aeras to my iESL/speaker amp setup, though. I think the only time I've heard a Mjölnir was at CanJam, and it was driving a CRBN at the Audeze booth. If I'm not mistaken, @BTD1 owns an iESL and a Mjölnir amp, which he once posted were at about the same level, so maybe one can triangulate somewhat from that.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #1,843 of 3,065
You may be thinking of my review from awhile ago:

Eksonic Aeras/STAX SR-X9000 Review

I compared the Aeras to my iESL/speaker amp setup, though. I think the only time I've heard a Mjölnir was at CanJam, and it was driving a CRBN at the Audeze booth. If I'm not mistaken, @BTD1 owns an iESL and a Mjölnir amp, which he once posted were at about the same level, so maybe one can triangulate somewhat from that.

yes, I think you got all of this right.. and of course remember this detail better :)

Nov 16, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #1,845 of 3,065
I'm glad we're finally to the point where people are using high end systems to reproduce real art. Now we just need Lex Luger DSD!
The Head-fi crowd typically dislikes hip-hop, so I'm glad to find somebody else who appreciates it :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back