STAX SR-X mk3 and SRD-7/SB
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #16 of 20
Okay, some things to look out for regarding sound, that's great!
The pads looks good, I've been looking at Dekoni's but don't get who's compatible, not from that site or scrolling through this forum. Brand name comes up but not the specifics.
Thanks a lot for adding the pictures 🙂
The inner diameter is about 75 mm and the outer is about 75 mm. The thickness is about 10-15 mm.

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #19 of 20
I kind of doubt angled pads would work all that well as these sit on the ear not around them. But you never know they may work great.
You might be right.

I read about it in the comment section of a review of SR-5 on YouTube, a guy wrote that he had changed the pads. Here is what he wrote: I bought the SR5 gold secondhand. I replaced the stock pads with angled Brainwave pads. The sound is much fuller with a bit more soundstage with the new pads.

Aumkar Chandan answered: Nice but be careful, there is a reason STAX didn't use thick pads, it was to avoid turbulent air from destroying the Diaphragm. The 007 and 009 for example have carefully Engineered pads that only push a certain amount of air volume incapable of damaging the Diaphragm. The Brainwavz pads are fully sealed.

The hunt continues 😊

Sep 16, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #20 of 20
Sorry inside diameter is 50mm not 75mm outer is 75mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back