Stax SR-303
Feb 12, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ri_toast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i will say this friend, i don't think there's a better value than the koss. consider i paid 5.88, i went right back and got 3 more. enjoy your akgs.

Btw I am referring to the Stax being OK sounding headphones.

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #32 of 40
i had the stax 2050s just recently and thought they were a very good value. they just lacked some neutrality in the mids and top end extension. I loved everything else about them. the k701s, i like the looks and comfort and they do some things right but what they do wrong is really distracting. i hope an extra amount of burn in will help some more since the lower highs do seem to be taming down a little since i got them

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Buchanan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and please make sure the SRM1 Mk 2 is not on the carpet when on. A Class A amp with the underside ventilation blocked off is a recipe for disaster.

can i x3?
biggrin.gif
After the first hour, I checked the heat of the amp, noticing it was hot. I unplugged it all, and moved it to the never used pavilion roomonto a glass side table.

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #34 of 40
@ Dononus what amp are you using with em btw, they like some warm and bass heavy tubes (made them much more enjoyable to me).

And guys Troy is obviously joking, leave the man in peace.

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #35 of 40
gilmore lite with dps... they bring them alive and make them snappy but they dont warm them up which is why i am now using the western electric tube for my dac to warm them up a little. the problem is not the overall warmth though.. it is just that one target frequency area that make people think they have the biggest soundstage. to me the soundstage is about the same as the hd600s really. that peak doesnt fool me into thinking it makes them have a bigger soundstage
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #37 of 40
just a last picture, the stax'ens new home with the mighty samsung DVD player
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

PC160483.jpg

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, but I found one cheaper with the same sound quality: The KSC75 for $15.

Nice to hear!
To each their own though...
wink.gif

Dec 12, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #40 of 40
Did any of the snide remarks in this thread have any sound impressions of stax at all? I havent heard these exact ones, but I have heard quite a few Stax, up against my HD800, K1000, Audezes and so on, and I gotta agree w last commenter from Feb 12 2009. Peeps dont know crap. They are as uninformed as Zeos Pantrhera. All fluff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back