Stax SR-009 and T2 successors confirmed for spring 2017
Mar 11, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #226 of 256
FWIW, the Stax rep I met yesterday hinted at something this year for a 009 successor since this is the 80th anniversary year. Still not holding my breath but it's another data point.
Seriously, me, my breathes, my heart, my wallet, and my Kg T2 are Ready for 009 successor, and Expecting it.....! Unless it comes out to be $10,000 headphones, which I am afraid of “why so expensive? Because it sounds good” anology, as the current Stax is “edifier” which is also the Fang’s origin

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #228 of 256
has an estimated price been posted anywhere yet? I'm also very interested in this

Stax distributor in Hong Kong show cased the SRM-D10 with the L300 Limited Edition this weekend at a portable audio show. I asked the guy manning the table how much the SRM-D10 is expected to go for and he said between 5000-6000 Hong Kong dollars. As Stax stuff is actually cheaper in Hong Kong than in Japan, my guess is it's going to cost about 90,000yen in Japan. Take that for what it's worth.

I want to test this with the L700. If it sounds good it's going to make building my first Stax rig A LOT easier.
20180318_062713607_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #229 of 256
Stax distributor in Hong Kong show cased the SRM-D10 with the L300 Limited Edition this weekend at a portable audio show. I asked the guy manning the table how much the SRM-D10 is expected to go for and he said between 5000-6000 Hong Kong dollars. As Stax stuff is actually cheaper in Hong Kong than in Japan, my guess is it's going to cost about 90,000yen in Japan. Take that for what it's worth.

I want to test this with the L700. If it sounds good it's going to make building my first Stax rig A LOT easier.

Hi,

Did you listen to it or just looked at it? If listen, How did it sound? Loud to handle maybe 007 or 009 ?
Dose it take only battery? or you can AC it?

I am guessing from the conversion rate it might be around $799.00usd ?

Mar 19, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #230 of 256
Hi,

Did you listen to it or just looked at it? If listen, How did it sound? Loud to handle maybe 007 or 009 ?
Dose it take only battery? or you can AC it?

I am guessing from the conversion rate it might be around $799.00usd ?

They only have the L300 Limited Edition to paired with it for demo, and it sounded as good as it can get in a small crowded noisy environment using open back headphones. There was plenty of headroom though, as you can see in the pic I was listening at 11 o'clock position even in an open convention environment so I don't think power output is going to be an issue, rather the age old pairing/tuning.

The device was running off AC power at the show, so I'm guessing like most portable DAC/amp combos it should be smart enough to switch between AC and battery powered mode with some sort of battery preserving features build in.

As for the price, since Stax prices seems to differ quite significantly between countries, I can only give my estimates based in the two places where I am familiar with (Hong Kong and Japan). 799 would be the converted price, but don't bet on it due to market differences.

Apr 3, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #231 of 256

I tried this with the L700 at the singapore can jam. Holey crapola! It was really amazing. This might become my first foray into electrostatics.

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #233 of 256
I tried this with the L700 at the singapore can jam. Holey crapola! It was really amazing. This might become my first foray into electrostatics.
The Stax has you now!

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #234 of 256
Any idea when the Stax SRM-D10 will be available?

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #235 of 256
Apr 24, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #236 of 256
Apr 24, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #237 of 256
I wonder how well it can drive my SR009 or older Lambdas. I am hoping for a minimum Stax SRM-323S performance.....but I'm doubtful.

Yep, not very likely looking at the specs, the voltage output is doubled with the SRM-353X.

Maybe one can use a beefed-up custom PSU for a little more performance, but it kind of defeats the point (tiny and can be battery powered) , it still won't be as good.
But the sound might still be decent, we'll see soon enough.

Apr 25, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #239 of 256
May as well driving HD800/S for portability. Similar voicing , great soundstage, and it is dynamic which means more resilient lol!

The current LCD2-Classic is great SQ and very light plus efficient, a superb on the move full size HP. I got mine during the sale direct from Audeze. I am using that to carry around powered by my iPad Mini or iPod.

Apr 25, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #240 of 256
May as well driving HD800/S for portability. Similar voicing , great soundstage, and it is dynamic which means more resilient lol!

The current LCD2-Classic is great SQ and very light plus efficient, a superb on the move full size HP. I got mine during the sale direct from Audeze. I am using that to carry around powered by my iPad Mini or iPod.

Never liked the HD800, the 800s is slightly more to my liking but still not really something that makes me want to own a pair. I'm beginning to think Sennheisers just don't do it for me in general.

LCDs are still way too heavy.

Personally I just go with the Focal Clear, even comes with a carry case for travelling. :D

But electrostat is electrostat, there's certain magic to them and I still want to own a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back