Stax prices in Japan
Sep 21, 2010 at 3:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JonJeffman

New Head-Fier
Hi,
So I've checked out Stax prices in Canada, and I know you can get them cheaper shipped from Japan (i.e. Seyo-Shop, PriceJapan, EIFL, etc...) but I'm actually heading over to Japan in a little over a week.  Does anyone know if the domestic prices in Japan are even better than from the websites listed above, or about the same?  If they're about the same, I'll probably hold out till I have a bit more expendable funds and just pay the shipping, but if they're dirt cheap (relatively speaking) I might have to grab some when I have the chance.

Suggestions on where to buy them?  I've seen Akihabara suggested (Audio Union, Dyna 5555, Yodobashi camera store, and Fujiya Avic)

Thanks

Sep 21, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #2 of 2
Yes, you can get them considerably cheaper because there is no commission and other fees (e.g. customs) and PayPal exchange rate is always worse. If you are planning to buy new, you can use http://en.rakuten.co.jp/ to find the cheapest price (or the one with the right location). There is a new Basic system coming in 1st of October (SRS-2170), maybe you can give that a try for example if the timing is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back