Stax Omega 2 or 4070 for me?
May 26, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #16 of 34
May 26, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #17 of 34

Quote:
I don't understand how it's even possible for a company to release an amp that's "bad" and cannot power their flagship headphones properly. Or are people just being way too picky and splitting hairs here? If the difference between the two would take immense concentration to hear any differences, then perhaps it's not that big of a deal?

Sennhieser did it with the HEV70 and Koss with the E/90.

The SRM-727II sounds somewhat dull, if you are picky about that sort of thing then it's not the amp for you.

May 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #18 of 34
I'm not tired to repeat: The sound of my SRS-727 system has changed completely after some use. It bacame more open, focused, bass/treble extended, there's a better instrument separation. I don't know if it's amp burn-in or O2 burn-in but it's real and it's definitely not a mental burn-in. :)
I admit most people here rely on a few opinions about the 727, made after very restricted use by less than 10 head-fiers.

May 26, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #19 of 34

Quote:
Thanks, Padam.  I read the page and found that there is an amp called SRM-717 DM.  Anybody knows what it is?

Same as the SRM-717 sound-wise but with an extra feature: it has many inputs at the back because it was intended for 5.1 studio monitoring (there is a switch at the front and with that it is possible to listen each of the various channels)

May 27, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #20 of 34

Quote:
I'm not tired to repeat: The sound of my SRS-727 system has changed completely after some use. It bacame more open, focused, bass/treble extended, there's a better instrument separation. I don't know if it's amp burn-in or O2 burn-in but it's real and it's definitely not a mental burn-in. :)
I admit most people here rely on a few opinions about the 727, made after very restricted use by less than 10 head-fiers.

i think it would be pretty hard for any amp to sound bad with o2

May 27, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #24 of 34
The 727 uses a new 2 stage circuit with absolutely no negative feedback
around the output stage.

Some people like the sound, most seem not to like the sound.

May 28, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #27 of 34
Quote:
The 007t is better if you properly bias it (which isn't easy) and put in some nice NOS tubes.  The difference isn't huge though as they are pretty much the same amp. 

muchas gracias senor stax
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #30 of 34

Quote:
With the high gain in ESP amps we need feedback.  Just compare something like the Egmont amps with or without NFB, it's not a subtle difference in the NFB's favor.  Lower gain levels the playing field. 

Still I would like to listen to this amp, I generally like NF amps but with speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back