Stax Lambda and the SRD-6 Energizer - questions
Apr 8, 2013 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

davidsh

Headphoneus Supremus
First off, can someone confirm this is the Stax SR Lambda Pro?

Also, I am wondering if I can use my headphone amplifier for the driver box. How much juice does the SRD-6 need, what is the input impedance? I have the MF X-can V8. It can put out 1.2 watt at 32 ohms

Thank you.

Apr 8, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #2 of 4
I cannot confirm if that's a Normal or Pro bias Lambda, but it certainly isn't a Lambda Signature going by the headband color.

To be sure, I need a pic of either:

-the nameplates on top of the earcups (Normal bias SR-Lambdas have blank, black ones, while Lambda Pros have white "PROFESSIONAL" text printed on them, Lambda Sigs have "Signature" printed on them, so on and so forth for all the later Lambda iterations)
-the plug (6 pins = Normal bias, 5 pins without the center pin = Pro bias, assuming the cable wasn't changed)

Also, if it's bundled with an SRD-6, then I very highly doubt it's a Lambda Pro due to a stock SRD-6's lack of Pro bias output. Not that I'd complain; the Normal bias SR-Lambda is still among the best of Lambda models, especially for midrange lovers.

I don't know the details on what those SRD-series transformer boxes really demand, but any speaker amp should do, particularly integrated receivers. If anything, it's all too easy to OVERdrive your headphones and risk arcing though the diaphragms with such a setup!

Apr 8, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 4
^thank you nameless. I do have access to a 20 year old speaker amplifier, but I have a feeling it won't be that good. I am not able to provide pictures, sorrily.

I hope someone can help me provide information on if I can use my x-can

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
^thank you nameless. I do have access to a 20 year old speaker amplifier, but I have a feeling it won't be that good. I am not able to provide pictures, sorrily.

I hope someone can help me provide information on if I can use my x-can

No, you neeed to connect the SRD-6 to the loudspeker terminals of an amplifier, needs more than 10W per channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back