STAX dynamic headphone?!
May 29, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 12
Whoa, cool. I knew that they had totally different management in the nineties and before but had never heard of them making dynamic headphones.

If people here had heard the HD-1000 then there must be someone who can comment on these. I'm guessing they are great, but I'd still like to hear about the strengths and weaknesses on these.

Thanks for posting the link.

May 29, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 12
someone should get them and do a review
icon10.gif

May 29, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #4 of 12
Don't really know much, but there was also another model with bigger earpads (not sure if anything else aside from the earpads were different). I've read that these had some treble emphasis to bring the sound signature similar to their electrostats earspeakers of the time.

May 29, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #5 of 12
I was waiting for the penny to drop on that auction. Now that head-fi knows about it, god help us.
orphsmile.gif

It's not a "standard" dynamic headphone (this is Stax we're talking about), but a moving coil headphone, along the same lines as a MC phono cartridge. I've read a few [inconclusive] impressions about it on 2 channel, but the only responses I've seen about it in English have been of the "it was good" "I like it" variety.

May 29, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
I was waiting for the penny to drop on that auction. Now that head-fi knows about it, god help us.
orphsmile.gif

Yeah, I was tracking it too.
mad.gif

May 29, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #8 of 12
look at the bidder name. right now Hirsch is thinking "DAMMIT!"

odds are, if you see something cool on ebay, there's someone else here who has seen it too and is bidding on it. therefore, if you aren't bidding, don't post it here for the sake of the folks who are, imho. i ruined someone's bid on a pair of speakers like that once, i felt bad. now if i WANT to drive up the price, say if it's my item i'm selling, then link away!
icon10.gif

of course, that's just my opinion. there's no moral reason to link or not to link - it's just an auction after all. but it's a personal courtesy thing i've learned since i've come here, and it seems to have good karma attached to it (grabbed a few things off ebay under the radar of head-fi, thank goodness!)

May 30, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #9 of 12
with the respect hirsch has, and the fact that now thousands upon thousands of people will view this auction because it was posted here, i wouldnt be surprised to see these go for 500 maybe 1000 hoo hoos...

May 30, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #10 of 12
I don't it sounds good, that's all I know
icon10.gif

May 30, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
look at the bidder name. right now Hirsch is thinking "DAMMIT!"

No, Hirsch is simply thinking those looked interesting, and that his real bid will show up a couple of seconds before the end of the auction if it hasn't gone over his price limit
smily_headphones1.gif

If it does go over my limit, I'll just have to suffer with the headphones I've already got
tongue.gif

May 30, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrfytrhoges
with the respect hirsch has, and the fact that now thousands upon thousands of people will view this auction because it was posted here, i wouldnt be surprised to see these go for 500 maybe 1000 hoo hoos...

Doubt it. They aren't that good for starters.

Still, Go Hirsch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back