Stax cheaply made?
Sep 24, 2006 at 8:50 AM Post #46 of 63
You guys are making me want to get a float now...
lambda.gif

Sep 24, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #48 of 63
Where can you buy Stax in the U.S. and still get the warranty? I saw that TTVJ carries them but not the amp/energizer.

Sep 24, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #49 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by watchluvr4ever
Where can you buy Stax in the U.S. and still get the warranty? I saw that TTVJ carries them but not the amp/energizer.

Check your PM

I saw an AD at Audigon claim they are authorized US dealer. Put the url in my bookmark and forget about it. By the time I am ready to purchased, I call the company veryfy the deal. Then, I called Yama's Enterprises (US distritubtor) to verfy. <- very important Got a okay sign. Place my order and wait for 10 days. (this particular seller doesn't carry anything in stock, everything need to go from CA to FL then to me.) You can also call Yama's to find local authorized reseller.

Sep 24, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #50 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
IMG_4615.JPG

Pretty good quality if you ask me,
biggrin.gif

I think it's still the best built headphone I've owned yet, it feels sturdier than the L3000. I guess the HP-2 is really close, since it's all metal. And yes, I agree that the Sennheiser HE60 is built really poorly.

But best built does not equal most comfortable. The Sennheisers are all much comfier than the Omega II if you ask me, because they're 'weightless'.

Yeah, Sennheiser knows what's up with comfort, IMO. But as far as leather goes, the Omega II pads are quite amazing. They're the only leather or pleather pads I've worn that I found comfy. By the way, you definitely hang headphones right. I can't understand people who hang it by the strap instead of the arch.

Sep 24, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #51 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
Yeah, Sennheiser knows what's up with comfort, IMO. But as far as leather goes, the Omega II pads are quite amazing. They're the only leather or pleather pads I've worn that I found comfy. By the way, you definitely hang headphones right. I can't understand people who hang it by the strap instead of the arch.

Got my hanger: (Body Bath & Beyond, USD 9.99-20% coupon + tax)
hang1.jpg

hang0.jpg

note sure if the hanger is too low.

Nov 8, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #52 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
It's not as obvious with resting cables on your clothes, but it should be pretty darn obvious with putting your headphones around your cat (Philodox comes to mind; who wants pet odor/hair anywhere near their expensive, mint headphones? His avatar scares me everytime I see it...those poor K340s).

Lighten up. Firstly, my cats are very clean and unless they've just used the litter box they generally do not stink. There is also a startling invention which allows you to roll over items and pick up hair. It works on earpads and headbands about as well as it does on your shirt. Now head-fi'ers wearing your headphones... that's when you have to start worrying about the stink!
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #53 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
For the record, I think the HP2 is overbuilt, the Triports underbuilt, and the Stax just-right-built.

There's such a thing as overbuilt
confused.gif

"I'm sorry can you put more plastic into my headphone, it's overbuilt"
tongue.gif

Nov 8, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #54 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321
There's such a thing as overbuilt
confused.gif

Sure there is. If you look up "overbuilt" in the dictionary there'll be a picture of the Stax SRM-T2.

Nov 9, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #55 of 63
Speaking of cheaply made, my SRM-1 mk2 PP (I think.) has a "pro only" sticker under what looks like a normal output. I've confirmed that its exactly the same as the other pro output from testing though.

Nov 9, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #56 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
But I pass the "posting Faster than Light" test
smily_headphones1.gif

And the triple posting test! Ohhhhhh, snap. I did just say that!

icon10.gif

Nov 9, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #57 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Sure there is. If you look up "overbuilt" in the dictionary there'll be a picture of the Stax SRM-T2.

That's a beauty. I'll take overbuilt every time.

Nov 9, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #58 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl

yup,agreed..

Dec 10, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #59 of 63
well, not that I know anything about the products Stax makes today but back in the 80's I use to own the Stax SR34. the pin that held the driver to the mount was forever coming out for some reason and I was always loosing it in the carpet. fortunately I always found it!

also the heavy speaker wire I used always came loose from the pushpin connections on the energizer.

for the most part I think they were as good as build quality as anything in it's price range today.

for some reason I never was quite satisfied with the SR34. back then I had a hard time sitting still for any length of time when listening to music of which is not a problem anymore. wish I still had them to compare with what I have now.

Dec 10, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #60 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One is never enough. I want a second one again. Or a dynamic Ergo.
biggrin.gif

Amazing bump for this thread. I Did have another second Jecklin and a dynamic Ergo. Also the AMT.

And the AMT, well... My signature recently says maybe all that might be said...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back