Static sound when playing audio at low volume, why?
Nov 8, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #16 of 18
If you have developer options enabled on your phone, you can check there, under Bluetooth Audio Codec.

To enable developer options, go to settings and search "build number;" tap the build number seven times; a new developer options entry will now appear at the bottom of your settings menu; Bluetooth Audio Codec will be under the Network heading.

You might also be able to just Google your phone model to find out which codecs are supported.

Yeah I couldn't find that info, but google says it only has A2DP.

However, one of the dev settings say "Select USB configuration" and I can select "Audio source" as an option, also another setting says "Disable USB audio routing (Disable automatic routing to USB audio peripherials)". This seems strange for a phone that has no OTG and doesn't inspire me confidence to get a DAC for it to not work after all.

So, no DAC and the bluetooth codec is not good. Talk about bad luck uh...

Nov 8, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #17 of 18
If the problem is in the software put in there by the manufacturer and not the hardware then that goes back down to base Android without all the other add-ons. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't because the problem is something else.

It was a rhetorical question. You can't. Unless there's a Made For Android-badged DAC that won't require OTG the same way a Made for iPhone/iPad DAC-HPamp will use the plain sync cable instead of going through the Camera Connection kit that triggers data output as host device. In short something like Android Auto but for home audio, and I haven't seen such a feature outside of some home theater receivers.

In short...might as well get another phone if it doesn't have OTG functionality.

Seems like that is the only option, well, I'll buy something else eventually, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back