Static noise
Oct 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

McRooster

New Head-Fier
Hey guys

Just not very long ago when I was playing a game, suddently my headphones started transmitting a very loud screeching noise. I first tried to mute it, but it still kept playing when my windows volume was muted. I then decided to try another headset, and there is still screeching. I replugged the cables and I still get the screeching too.

I am using a Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card, I have also made sure I am using the latest drivers.

Here is the sound:
http://youtu.be/KYLIZQC_nLU

Oct 6, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #2 of 5
Sounds like either the DAC section or amp section on the Xonar is not doing what it is supposed to.  Try plugging your headphones into the on-board audio jack and see if the same problem occurs.

Did this occur all of a sudden or have you heard it before?

Describe in more detail when and how exactly you think the problem occurred.

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #3 of 5
That's just it, I did nothing to make it start. It just happened all of a sudden.

But, I have tried the SPDIF Output to my mixamp to my headset and it works fine, it's only when using the 6.3mm Headphone out it does it.

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #4 of 5
  I am using a Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card, I have also made sure I am using the latest drivers.

Did you update the drivers recently, or change any settings ? Can you still play any sound, or do you only hear the noise now ? It is either a bug, or the hardware on your card has failed (hopefully it is still under warranty).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back