State your reasons: Why would you buy an ER-6 if you already had the ER-4?
Nov 22, 2001 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

fjhuerta

I gave Jude an Orpheus and all I got was this lousy title.
I need to know what am I going to tell my girlfriend when she sees them!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2001 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 30
The reason is simple. Extreme audiophillia. Strangely enough I am not getting this primordial desire to purchase the ER-6s.

I guess a reason would be.. a gift? Nah, who would give away Etys...

Nov 22, 2001 at 2:56 AM Post #3 of 30
LOL..."audiophilia" Gotta look that one up in a medical dictionary...

George
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2001 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 30
Just say they're for her...............and demonstrate how to put them in WITH YOUR ears.......

If she still wants em......that's one helluva a girlfriend - forget the Etys and keep what you have........

biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2001 at 6:11 AM Post #5 of 30
Simply tell her that the experience of sound is one that can best be .......oh the hell with it!!

Tell her you are hopelessly addicted. Appeal to her sense of sympathy for those who are afflicted with this wonderful disease(present company included).
rolleyes.gif

Nov 22, 2001 at 3:58 PM Post #6 of 30
My girlfriend is on the phone right now! I told her all your reasons. She says to tell you that I shouldn't be spending so much in headphones because I have so many.

Anyway, I am buying them
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2001 at 4:40 PM Post #7 of 30
Lol, I guess your girlfriend thinks we are a "bad influence" on you.
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2001 at 6:35 PM Post #10 of 30
What could be nicer than me?!?
smily_headphones1.gif
LOL!

Nah, she'll get a nice present.

It's great to have a girlfriend you have known for 15 years (and I am "only" 26). She's so understanding...

Nov 29, 2001 at 5:37 AM Post #13 of 30
where might a brotha get some info on the new Ety phones. I have yet to decide what to buy. I like the size, don't want the EXTREME SEPARATION from reality (23db) that the 4s offer. thanks from the newbie

Nov 29, 2001 at 5:51 AM Post #14 of 30
i was telling my wife tonight about the er6, kind of preparing her if i spent ANOTHER $100+ on headphones. she seemed interested, but then asked me if sony was ever going to discontinue the ex70 (i had given her my extra pair and she uses it with her panasonic pcdp)--because if they were, she wanted to buy extras just in case!
smily_headphones1.gif

anyway, about the er6.

does anyone here have one yet? i've read todd from headroom's reviews from here and they were helpful, but no offense he IS trying to sell them after all so i take them with a grain of salt.

what i'm wondering is can anyone who has tried them give a quick review of their sound, their isolation, comfort, and sensativity. would my 15mw amp sony d777 player be able to drive them? i've been waiting for etymotic research to come out with a plug in my price range, but i need reviews. tia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back