Starving Student PCB's
Jan 1, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #226 of 392
Here is my build with the Fred_fred2004 PCB into a Hammond 1590XX enclosure. Surprisingly it's quiet even with my octapus like wiring on the tube sockets.

5sDYA15.jpg

Su5Ixgy.jpg

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #232 of 392
In answer to all the questions, yes I have boards available :)

cheers
FRED

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #235 of 392
It feels so good soldering in one of these...Doing a p2p build the first time was a good learning experience but I'm never doing that again.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #238 of 392
  Here is my build with the Fred_fred2004 PCB into a Hammond 1590XX enclosure. Surprisingly it's quiet even with my octapus like wiring on the tube sockets.

That's what I wanted to ask about here on this forum. I need to add wires between tube sockets and PCB (about 2" long). Can I just add single wires or they should be twisted in pairs (or all)? Also, once in the enclosure, the wires are not going to be stretched but cramped. Would that cause a problem?

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #239 of 392
That's what I wanted to ask about here on this forum. I need to add wires between tube sockets and PCB (about 2" long). Can I just add single wires or they should be twisted in pairs (or all)? Also, once in the enclosure, the wires are not going to be stretched but cramped. Would that cause a problem?

There is no need to twist the wires imho. Cramped wires are not a problem neither. It's going to be easier to build all together if you use stranded wires.

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #240 of 392
I braided them to make it neater and spread any physical load over more than one contact point to the PCB. As you can see the enclosure I used is quite small in terms of height so all that wiring you see under the tube socket is simply crammed in. I had expected there to be noise and to have to re-do it, but it's nice and quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back