Starving Student PCB's
Apr 15, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #211 of 392
  You have to drill your own holes for the tube openings and such if you want to use this in an enclosure right?

Yup.

I think this is going to be the most difficult part when I build mine as I don't have a drill press or anything and I'm pretty sure I'll screw up the positioning/alignment too haha.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to drilling those holes...

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #212 of 392
There is nothing stopping you mounting the tube sockets on the case and running wires to the pcb, if you are concerned about drilling holes

cheers
FRED

Apr 24, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #214 of 392
Jun 28, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #218 of 392
Hey all I need some help here, I'm having some issues and I don't know what from, I have everything hooked up according to the pictures and all the right parts but when I turn on my amp all I get is sound from the left channel, the right tube heats up, the left does nothing and the right channel has nothing, and when I fiddle around with stuff place the volume gets much louder and gets a buzz, which happens when I fiddle with the volume pot a bit but might be from the tube shifting slightly, this is my first build so please give me any pointers, thanks
(note: if you need anymore pictures ill take some more)
Link to pictures: http://1drv.ms/1iGToDm

Jun 29, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #219 of 392
  Hey all I need some help here, I'm having some issues and I don't know what from, I have everything hooked up according to the pictures and all the right parts but when I turn on my amp all I get is sound from the left channel, the right tube heats up, the left does nothing and the right channel has nothing, and when I fiddle around with stuff place the volume gets much louder and gets a buzz, which happens when I fiddle with the volume pot a bit but might be from the tube shifting slightly, this is my first build so please give me any pointers, thanks
(note: if you need anymore pictures ill take some more)
Link to pictures: http://1drv.ms/1iGToDm

Hello tigman9
1st I can see: in photo IMG_350 the input is different than photo 20140627_212046210_iOS (in this photo looks correct)
CHECK the input
2nd I can't see the connections of mosfets, tubes. Each one are warm?
CHECK with the drawing and multimeter (continuity mode) each channel
Also you can check the tube sockets.
Have luck

Toni

Sep 8, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #222 of 392
Oct 19, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #224 of 392
Yes PM me your email and country and I'll send an invoice

cheers
FRED

Users who are viewing this thread

Back