Starving Student PCB's
Jul 4, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #272 of 392
I couldn't get capacitators C1 and C6 (680UF) so I used 470UF 63V I had. I hope it won't effect the audio :)

I have a question about potentiometer.

I couldn't get a potentiometer that fits on PCB in local store.

Probably I would have to order it from mouser or farnell.

Which one did you guys use, do you have any tips about buying one ?

I still need tubes and tubes sockets. Gonna order it from ebay soon.

now i am working on enclousre. Its gonna be made out of plywood :)

Jul 25, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #276 of 392
Cheers!

My project stopped for a bit. I still need a potentiomete (I don't know which one to order), Tubes and sockets for them.

At the moment I am working on CmoyBBs :)

Jul 30, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #277 of 392
I will have a couple of boards, Fred, if there is any left. PM Sent.

Cheers

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #280 of 392
Hey, 

Started to work on project again.

Ordered a PS on Ebay from China, it's on the way. Also talked with some audio company for tubes and sockets. I ordered JJ tubes for 7€ each +22% tax. Neightbour who is making cases out of sheet metal will make me an inox box and I will apply some wood on it for better look.

Probably it will be finished in the start of new month

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #281 of 392
I got the tubes today. New ECC82 tubes from JJ cost me 7€ each + 22% tax plus "around 7€" for two belden sockets.
I still need a power and two headphone jacks and some "minor" material.

I have a question for you guys. Elements on C2,C4 (marked C10/C11) and C3a/C5a should be 
.22uF, 63V​

I was looking elements on mouser.com and I don't know which ones to buy.​

Is audio quality depending on those four elemens. Because prices are from 0.2€ up to 2€.​

Which ones would you recommend?​

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #282 of 392
Boards arrived, thank you Howard.

Is there a way to add a switched resistor in series with the pot? Something that would be like a gain switch. I'd like to be able to drive ~60‎Ω headphones normally and if I ever upgrade to something in the 250‎Ω-300‎Ω range I'd like to bypass the extra resistor. What value of pot and switched series resistor should I select?

Oct 26, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #284 of 392
Is there any way for me to get two of these boards?  If there's none of these left, is there a 12au7 Starving Student schematic available that I can use to make my own?

Edit:  Nevermind, I found the schematic :)  Hopefully there are still some boards left, but can anyone confirm that this schematic is the one this PCB uses?  
http://www.diyforums.org/SSMH/variants/SSMH-12AU7.gif

I'd like to order some parts and get this build started!  Thanks everyone!

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #285 of 392
  Is there any way for me to get two of these boards?  If there's none of these left, is there a 12au7 Starving Student schematic available that I can use to make my own?

Edit:  Nevermind, I found the schematic :)  Hopefully there are still some boards left, but can anyone confirm that this schematic is the one this PCB uses?  
http://www.diyforums.org/SSMH/variants/SSMH-12AU7.gif

I'd like to order some parts and get this build started!  Thanks everyone!

Hello mate.
Yes, this PCB uses this schematic.
Have fun and enjoy it!

Toni

Users who are viewing this thread

Back