Starter Tube AMPs
Apr 23, 2015 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MichaelsGG

New Head-Fier
Long story short, Im looking to try out a Tube AMP since it's almost been a year since I first got my Magni and Modi combo. I still don't know if I'm a Solid State or Tube AMP person (If thats even a thing) and I would like to know before I start dropping big $$ on one of the two. So far I have my eye on the Vali since its not that high of a price but I was wondering if there were anymore to look at before buying it.

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 6
I can en enthusiastically recommend any G1217 tube amp a Schiit Valhalla or Lyr v1 from personal use experience. Check out the FS section for one of these for at a  bargain especially if they are an earlier version as everyone here including me  sell the old one to buy the newest version but truth be told the SQ improvements is often minimal if at all. Another Amp using a single 12V 9pin 2x triode that impressed me is a Belari but that might be more $
 All the amps except the Valhalla V1 are tube rolling friendly

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 6
Do you know if the Valhalla V2 is tube rolling friendly?
Also forgot to mention this but atm I'm using the Alpha Dogs, but I'm planning on getting open headphones soon around the same price or below the ADs. (any recommendations to someone who likes EDM, elect rock, and etc)

Apr 25, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #6 of 6
For A. Dogs I recommend a Schiit LYR V1/V2 or a G1217 Solstice/Ember from my listening experience.  Planars really perform best when you throw some power at them. The Valhalla might not be the best match for the A. Dogs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back