Starcraft 2
Aug 13, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #92 of 164
One question: Are those super cool units like armed bunkers and the mercenaries strictly campaign only, or can they be digged elsewhere (i fear not)?

Aug 13, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #94 of 164
Ah, thanks, haven't gone there until now.

Aug 13, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #95 of 164

Quote:

custom games all have them

I think what he's referring to are the opportunities in the pre-game where you can buy upgrades and hire mercenaries and whatever else, but outside of in-game options of the usual tech tree. I don't see how that can work in MP without breaking some abilities.

Aug 13, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #96 of 164
Tried custom game (SP and MP), that is all the same, and without those nice campaign technologies & abilities. I have anyway no idea what they mean with "custom", couldn't see any differences in comparisons to other modes.

Aug 15, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #97 of 164

Quote:
Tried custom game (SP and MP), that is all the same, and without those nice campaign technologies & abilities. I have anyway no idea what they mean with "custom", couldn't see any differences in comparisons to other modes.

If I'm reading the guide correctly, Custom is for the use of custom maps. It appears that it's a set-up for using present maps plus those not yet loaded.

Aug 15, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #98 of 164
Yep, I found some of those non-Blizzard maps meanwhile online, with extra goodies. Some of them were tweaked beyond the point of playability though... 
tongue.gif

Aug 16, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #99 of 164
Yall HAVE to try "Roach Snake."  It is a play on the old classic snake, but you control a queen, eat zerglings, and gain a tail of roaches.  watch out for the hydras! 

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #100 of 164
I just finished the Hard Mode Campaign, everything was easy except on the last mission. That was so damn HARD and I don’t think its beatable. But after a few attempts, a long break and a few attempts more i finished it and even got the "hard" achievement as well.  I may say all the sacrifices that made by not buy wow gold for a month just to have the SC2 copy are all worth it.  

Aiming for the other achievements now before trying my self on multiplayer.. :D

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #101 of 164
In Utter Darkness is significantly harder than All In. I know several people in my social circle that have beaten All In on brutal with various strategies against both air and nydus worms.

Btw, buying WoW gold? Really? I have over 300k and I only play a few hours a week. If I actually tried I could easily be over the 1M mark. What do you buy with the gold that you need so much of it?

Aug 18, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #102 of 164

Quote:
In Utter Darkness is significantly harder than All In. I know several people in my social circle that have beaten All In on brutal with various strategies against both air and nydus worms.

Btw, buying WoW gold? Really? I have over 300k and I only play a few hours a week. If I actually tried I could easily be over the 1M mark. What do you buy with the gold that you need so much of it?

I thought it was a lot easier. (In Utter Darkness that is) Then again, I'm a protoss player so I'm sure that helps a lot.

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #104 of 164

[size=xx-small]I really enjoyed the single player campaign but was kind of disappointed in the length of the game. Guess I didn't want it to end. The cut scenes were great, and really moved the story along. [/size]
[size=xx-small] [/size]
[size=xx-small] [/size]
[size=xx-small]I guess I have to move up the multi player.  [/size]

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #105 of 164
I really enjoyed the single player campaign and also wished it was longer. Two more installments to go I guess :)

For what it's worth, during the planning of a recent lan party SC2 was brought up but due to the location's lack of internet it was a clear no-go. There are indeed situations where a LAN feature would be useful :)

Archer82: I feel your pain, when I was deployed I remember it being difficult to even load my email through the sat link. Can't imagine gaming on it! Stay safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back