Maxvla said:

@ EnOYiN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2QbrWT90jY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LSmNC_ExkU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUq9s5UWgaY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT78t7EmNtk&feature=related

3122 kills on Brutal

(not me)

Nice. A friend of mine did a similar thing as this and also reached somewhere in the 3000 to 3500 kills. I still like to play without abusing too much though.

While HDstarcraft is not my favorite caster I did really enjoy the HDH games. Last weeks IEM matches were nice to watch as well.

Quote:
joomongj said:

If you've been following as I said the other day, HDH2 is under way. Some of the biggest players are in this tourney including artosis, idra, whitera, sen, painuser, check.prime, madfrog, stc, dimega, qxc, masq, tlo, tt1, strelok and many others. Looks like all the participating players are finally finalized so shouldn't be too far off till we see some good eye-candy.

Are there any guys from oGs participating in this as well or is there no info on that yet?

Edit: Nevermind that. I just looked it up and it seems like pretty much all the oGs players are in. Should be good then.

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #123 of 164
Thanks for the heads up on the HDH2. I'm still working through the last 4 matches of the IdrA and WhiteRa finals in HDH1. Would have been great to see a TLO/IdrA finals though. Darn Protoss 3 times in a row for TLO.

EnOYiN, who is your favorite caster?

Wow.. just looked at the invite list for HDH2 and it's a veritable who's who. Can't wait for this.. what a huge tourney. I figured another 16 player group, but 60! I wonder what the prize and sponsor is. I see it listed as TBD.

Aug 26, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #124 of 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif

EnOYiN, who is your favorite caster?

I think that would either be Sean Plott (Day9) or Nick Plott (Tasteless). I really like that they're able to give a bit more indepth analysis and are often able to 'get' what a player is thinking at a given point in time. I think that's what both HDstarcraft and Husky are missing a little compared to Day9 and Tasteless. Anyway, that's what I like to hear in a shoutcast and it's probably more because of my taste than anything else. Both Husky and HD are good casters for sure.

Aug 26, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #125 of 164
Day9 is definitely my favorite for analysis, however he falls short of HD and Husky imho.  As much as I love such in-depth analysis, I can only take so much of a 1.5 hour cast of a 20 minute game, with constant pausing.  I very much prefer a real-time sports-casting style, in which the commentator can add to the excitement of each play, as opposed to slowing it down. 

I can handle one Day9 cast for every 10 HD/Husky casts

Aug 26, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #126 of 164

Quote:
Day9 is definitely my favorite for analysis, however he falls short of HD and Husky imho.  As much as I love such in-depth analysis, I can only take so much of a 1.5 hour cast of a 20 minute game, with constant pausing.  I very much prefer a real-time sports-casting style, in which the commentator can add to the excitement of each play, as opposed to slowing it down. 

I can handle one Day9 cast for every 10 HD/Husky casts

I was talking about regular casting as well actually. I didn't mean the Day9 Daily. Day9 also does 'regular' casting and his brother Tasteless only does 'regular' casting for GOM for as far as I know. Link to a recent game casted by Day9 and Appollo here. (just linked a random game) A lot more professional than his dailies and a different style completely. The Day9 Daily surely is a different kind of casting indeed.

Aug 26, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #127 of 164
Indeed, I still prefer HD/Husky. 

Especially their dual-commentaries, in which they take on the classic roles of HD as play-by-play commentator, and Husky as color commentator.  Makes the game far more fun and engaging to watch, instead of forcing possible outcomes into my head, which for me disrupts the flow of things more than it helps me understand the game. 

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #128 of 164
I haven't actually watched any of the Plott brother's casts. Been too busy getting through the HDH tourrney, a lot or misc games commentated by them, and actually the first set of games I ever watched were cast by Totalbiscuit. I'll have to check out the Plott casts.

Aug 30, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #129 of 164
Hey fellow HF/SC2ers.... I’m having an issue with the map editor (first day using it) – I have created a 6 player map that I intended to make 3v3 (in the team settings, I linked players 1/2/3 and 4/5/6), yet when I try and create a custom game using this map in SC2, the teams show up as 4v2. Any idea what’s wrong here?

Edit - someone helped me find a solution - going into Map -> Game Variants, then hitting "Generate defaults" and choosing 3v3

Cheers

Sep 5, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #131 of 164

Quote:
Made 1v1 plat today :D 

Congrats, I found the difference between platinum and low diamond to be very small so you'll be able to advance to diamond quite easily most likely. Even most guys which are high diamond league players aren't even close to the skill some of the pro players have right now. (I know I'm much worse than those guys for one)

Sep 5, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #132 of 164

Quote:
Made 1v1 plat today :D 

need to buy a new game to ever get there in 1v1 :p 

its just impossible to get out of bronze quickly.

the league crap is so broken i been #1 2v2 silver with my friend for weeks but coming back from 3-20+ was a bitch but b/c of are ratio still being lower then 1-1 we cant move up.

and then i went 2v2 random strait to platinum

in conclusion the ladder is annoying me.

Sep 5, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #133 of 164

Quote:

need to buy a new game to ever get there in 1v1 :p 

its just impossible to get out of bronze quickly.

I know what you mean - my trip was certainly not quick. 

I picked up the game midnight the day it came out, and placed into bronze that same morning.  Only today did I hit plat. 

Sep 10, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #134 of 164
I had to reinstall Windows completely (not the repair option). I kept SC in its directory and copied all "my documents" etc. folders into the new profile, and SC started right away. My avatar, all local player maps and some other minor stuff had gone though, but after being online for an hour in a multiplayer game, everything had been restored in background.

Very well programmed, I must say.
beerchug.gif

Sep 10, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #135 of 164
Been playing the custom game 'Desert Strike' super fun. Just make sure you drop your settings a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back