Starcraft 2
Aug 3, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #47 of 164
StarCraft... back then I played Red Alert 2.
Both were great classics.
And now both are made into 3D.
WTFail, man? It's like coloring B&W films. Keep these things 2(.5)D.
Even Diablo.
*sigh*

Aug 3, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #48 of 164

Quote:
StarCraft... back then I played Red Alert 2.
Both were great classics.
And now both are made into 3D.
WTFail, man? It's like coloring B&W films. Keep these things 2(.5)D.
Even Diablo.
*sigh*

It's called sequel and games do potentially get better because of better graphics. Not sure why I even bothered replying to this.

Aug 4, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #51 of 164

Quote:
Evolution ≠ 'better'. Look at us humans.

:) Makes me think of this:

"Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans." - D. Adams.

Anyways, I think humans already figured out that evolution is change and nothing else. It doesn't have to do anything with getting better or worse.

That said, most games can potentially get better than the old games because of the technology. An example of what I think got better in SC2 compared to SC1 and SC:BW is that units can move much more freely now. In SC1 and SC:BW units moved along grid lines which didn't provide the freedom of movement we have now. Better graphics can make a story line more engaging and more fun to look at.

If however you feel that we're all lost and that there is no point to it all than that's fine and you're probably right, but please don't ruin this thread because of it.

Quote:
gknix said:

can we only add each other if we're on American servers?
I bought the SEA version in hopes of getting the American server one soon too

You can only add people who are on the same server indeed. There is no 'cross-realm' play anymore because Activision didn't think people would like that.

Aug 4, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #52 of 164
One gripe I have is the lack of documentation. The one booklet included rambles on about back story and little else. I know, in-game help tells all you need to know but that doesn't help when you need a peek at a tech tree to see what units I want to attack.
Even the collector edition leaves out any sort of manual.

Aug 4, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #53 of 164

Quote:
One gripe I have is the lack of documentation. The one booklet included rambles on about back story and little else. I know, in-game help tells all you need to know but that doesn't help when you need a peek at a tech tree to see what units I want to attack.
Even the collector edition leaves out any sort of manual.

x2, this was annoying - I wanted to look at the tech tree and read about the capabilities and limitations of the new units, but alas there was nothing there...

Aug 4, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #54 of 164

Quote:
x2, this was annoying - I wanted to look at the tech tree and read about the capabilities and limitations of the new units, but alas there was nothing there...

Then you need to look around once you log in to battle.net. You'll find a link to:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/

Go there and look through the different units.

Aug 8, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #55 of 164
My id is: LockandKey 654
Just got the CE couple days ago and like it so far.  My Mp is horrible so happy to practice with anyone

Aug 8, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #56 of 164
Just finished campaign today on normal. Very good game, like watching a movie.

Overall I prefer the units/structures/balances of Command and Conquer: Generals, but SC2 is perfectly functional.

Aug 9, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #60 of 164
Don't know the original SC (was a Diablo creature) so I can't compare. So far quite nice to play, but until now, I still prefer C & C, mostly due to its non-science fiction environment.

I'll wait and practise a while before entering battle.net, I have always been a lousy multiplayer, my friends say I have the habit & reaction of a dancing bear
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back