Starcraft 2 Beta..anyone try it yet?
Mar 3, 2010 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

koven

15 Hz + 150 dB = poopy pants
Apparently there's a cracked version of the beta going around. You can download all the maps and play offline.

I'm downloading as we speak, but anyone give it a shot yet? Anyone else excited for SC2?

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #2 of 13
My roommate just downloaded the cracked version. So far, he said it basically just feels exactly like the original Starcraft, but with better graphics and different units. That's a good sign.

In before the lock, I suppose.

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 13
Suggest the two posters above remove the objectionable parts of their posts and refocus the thread - a Starcraft 2 Beta thread would be great.

Most impressions I've read so far seem very positive, with the one caveat that being efficient in production (particularly early on) is both very complicated and very crucial to your success. The same could probably be said of the first Starcraft, though.

Personally, I look forward to the learning curve (guides and tips/tricks will likely be easily available after a while, it will just be a matter of practice). The rapid production bit of the game is like a fun lean operations problem.

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #5 of 13
...This so called leaked not quite playable SC2 beta must be part of a marketing campaign. I mean I've heard about SC2 for a while now and wasn't all that interested, figured I'd give it a go like most other strategy games out there... but with 'cracked' versions posted all over the internet, torrent sites and the like this only acts as advertising ~ after all if you like a game enough to want to play it online you pay for it.

Mar 4, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apparently there's a cracked version of the beta going around. You can download all the maps and play offline.

I'm downloading as we speak, but anyone give it a shot yet? Anyone else excited for SC2?

yes, i did yesterday but it was really disappointing. the AI is monumentally stupid and you cant zoom out further, grrr.

still you bet your ass ill be buying it when it comes out and so will several friends, then let the lan parties commence

Mar 5, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah they said that, they were going to make it all go through battle net then everyone went nuts. since then they seem to have quietly shut up about it and most think they have dropped it

Infinity Ward didn't listen to their core fanbase and they still made millions. I don't see why Blizzard wouldn't do the same thing.

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #12 of 13
i remember myself almost flunking out of college (and my roommates too) because of starcraft.
i really want to play sc2 but i am afraid that i may end up ruining my life if i get into it. i am not the most disciplined person in the world.

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, i did yesterday but it was really disappointing. the AI is monumentally stupid and you cant zoom out further, grrr.

still you bet your ass ill be buying it when it comes out and so will several friends, then let the lan parties commence

There're ais that cheat and noticeably tougher to beat if you look harder. I found the game somewhat less challenging after playin' vs those easy ones you mention of until I tried the harder ones. Got my ass handed over by a horde of ultralisks but was fun fun.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back