Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
May 19, 2005 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

LobsterSan

MOT: kuboTEN
Quote:

Originally Posted by http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/theater/news20050128.html
The saga concludes on May 19, 2005, with the theatrical release of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith in the United States and Canada.

For those outside of North America, here are the currently scheduled international release dates. Information on other territories may follow, so keep checking starwars.com for updates as May 2005 approaches.

* Argentina - May 19
* Australia - May 19
* Austria - May 19
* Belgium - May 18
* Bolivia - May 19
* Brazil - May 19
* Bulgaria - May 19
* Canada - May 19
* Chile - May 19
* Colombia - May 19
* Costa Rica - May 19
* Croatia - May 19
* Czech Republic - May 19
* Denmark - May 19
* Dominican Republic - May 19
* Ecuador - May 20
* Egypt - May 19
* El Salvador - May 19
* Estonia - May 20
* Finland -May 19
* France - May 18
* Germany - May 19
* Greece - May 20
* Guatemala - May 19
* Holland - May 19
* Honduras - May 19
* Hong Kong - May 19
* Hungary - May 19
* Iceland - May 20
* India - May 20
* Indonesia - May 19
* Israel - May 19
* Italy - May 20
* Jamaica - May 19
* Japan - July 9
* Korea - May 20
* Latvia - May 19
* Lebanon - May 19
* Lithuania - May 19
* Malaysia - May 19
* Mexico - May 19
* New Zealand - May 19
* Nicaragua - May 19
* Norway - May 19
* Panama - May 19
* Peru - May 19
* Philippines - May 19
* Poland - May 19
* Portugal - May 19
* Puerto Rico - May 19
* Romania - May 20
* Russia - May 19
* Serbia/Montenegro - May 19
* Singapore - May 19
* Slovakia - May 19
* Slovenia - May 19
* South Africa - May 19
* Spain - May 19
* Sweden - May 19
* Switzerland (French) - May 18
* Switzerland (German) - May 19
* Taiwan - May 21
* Thailand - May 19
* Trinidad - May 19
* Turkey - May 19
* UK - May 19
* US - May 19
* United Arab Emirates - May 19
* Uruguay - May 18
* Venezuela - May 19

So, while the rest of the world gets to enjoy this movie on or before May 20th, Japan is the ONLY country in the world release list that doesn't get the movie until July. It's so unfair. I know a few people here that flew to Korea to catch the opener, but I'm not quite that hardcore, and I don't have two hundred dollars for a movie ticket. At least I'm not in China or North Korea...

Anyhow, I hope you all enjoy the movie. Impressions are very welcome, but please use spoiler tags when necessary.

May 19, 2005 at 10:50 AM Post #2 of 58
We had the premiere here on Wednesday. I am not interested in the movie at all by the way, but a lot of folks are really hardcore about this movie here.

May 19, 2005 at 3:01 PM Post #6 of 58
Quote:

EWOKS RULE!

Only on Endor my friend, only on Endor.
icon10.gif

May 19, 2005 at 3:15 PM Post #7 of 58
Anthony Lane wrote one of the most hilarious reviews i've ever read in this week's issue of The New Yorker.

warning to star wars fans: it's not nice.

May 19, 2005 at 3:15 PM Post #8 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by bundee1
I think this is what he meant by NO SPOILERS!

It's OK, after reading the first sentence I knew what was in store for the rest of the message and I stopped reading. But please make an attempt to try to censor your posts with spoiler warnings (or maybe we can make a separate star wars thread that allows spoilers?)

May 19, 2005 at 4:04 PM Post #10 of 58
Saw a 12:20 screening last night. It was the 3rd show that the theater was running and unfortunately was NOT in a premier theater. Lack of bass, have you?

I think I set my hopes too high, but it did have some good moments, but the dialog was still pretty damn weak. Effects were amazing, action was good. More enjoyable than the first two episodes for sure.

May 19, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #12 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
warning to star wars fans: it's not nice.

Maybe we'll finally get the adult SW episode we've always wanted and not one made for kids. Maybe all the adult action won't be cut out, like when Anakin killed the whole village and what you see is a far away shot instead of the actual slaughter. Yeah, I would have liked to have seen Endora populated with Wookies instead of Ewoks - now that would have been an adult epic to witness. Instead we got little furry things for the kiddies. Bah. I want to witness carnage, pure evil and slaughter. And if the latest SW lives up to that I'll be in the best seat in the house if I have to be. I can't wait...

May 19, 2005 at 4:32 PM Post #14 of 58
Saw it today. Its better than Episode I & II. I like how they neatly intergrated the story so that it was seamless going back to Star Wars episode IV. As a Star Wars fan I would rate it 7-8 of 10.

Funniest word of the movie: YOUNGLINGS
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2005 at 4:35 PM Post #15 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbane
Saw it last night. It was so very terrible. Waste of my money and time.

But, that really isn't telling us if you are a die hard fan, if you love Sci-Fi, if you own all the movies, if the acoustics were great, if the theatre was filled with pop corn throwing crying children, if you saw it with a date, if it's your kind of movie, etc.

On a side bar, I have yet to see a newer Star Trek movie (TNG) I like, and I love ST. Once Kirk died... - that movie was so lame! And while I own 4 SW movies I refuse to buy Episode I.

While most people will be looking at what's on the screen I'll be looking at things like editing, casting, continuity, colour balance, framing, make-up, costumes, audio effects, visual effects, visuals (is it grandeur?) and finally story line. (Ever see the original Fantastic Four movie? It was horrible. How about the movie about Thor? Ever see the movie about Mandrake the Magician? No, I didn't think so...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back