Star Wars Battlefront
Sep 27, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #34 of 42
I really hate setting expectations for games so closely tied to my childhood. Man, I still remember my mom threatening to take away Battlefront when I was misbehaving. Time flies. 

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #35 of 42
PC requirements have been announced! Origin mentions a minimum of 40GB free HDD space.

[size=17.0300006866455px]Star Wars Battlefront Beta Minimum Specs:[/size]

CPU: Intel i3 6300T or equivalent

RAM: 8GB RAM

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB or Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB - DirectX 11.0

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Recommended Specs:

CPU: Intel i5 6600 or equivalent

RAM: 16GB RAM

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB - DirectX 11.1

Oct 10, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #36 of 42
Anyone playing the Beta?

Its looks and sounds are absolutely fabulous. Stunning! Also plenty replay value in my opinion. The missions are somewhat boring and a miss though. I mean, find the pods and secure them? Whatever.

Will be doing plenty rounds today again. Generally, right now I'd say 6.5/10

Oct 11, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #37 of 42
It still had the BF2142-old problem where you're utterly gimped starting out because you haven't unlocked your basic cards yet, meaning everyone but you's already packing grenades thermal detonators, jetpacks and personal shields, and all you've got is your blaster.

I also had some really bad luck grinding Drop Zone rounds starting out. Never won a single match, especially because some of the later games had some serious team stacking. 4v8? Really now?

However, the basic gunplay feels pretty fun already. I actually kind of like not having to worry about limited ammo, just recharge rates and overheating. Really suits Star Wars to an extent.

As for audio, the sound design's great, but stereo/headphone mode sounds...flat and one-dimensional. I'm disappointed when coming from BF3 with Enhanced Stereo Mode. Consider a sound card with virtual surround a must for SW:BF3, because it really does sound better once I put it to surround and let CMSS-3D Headphone handle the mixing.

Anyway, what I really want isn't even in the beta: DOGFIGHTING. SPACE. BOARDING ENEMY SHIPS. The stuff SW:BF2 already had, you know?

Nov 25, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #39 of 42
There's something about this game that just doesn't pull me in. Something.. is lacking 
blink.gif

Oh, I know.. My skill! Pathetic.

Dec 29, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #42 of 42
I just picked up battlefront last week along with my audio system and am so impressed with the graphics and sound I decided to share my setup and thoughts here.

Picked it up for ps4. Been using beats studio 1st gen outta the controller jack for 5 few years prior without knowing what I've been missing. They finally broke so I decided to go more hifi and get some nice gear after a lot of research.

So I got a modi 2 uber --> ican micro --> jvc ha-sz2000. And wow, blown away by the soundstage and bass with the xbass and 3d switches on high, on high gain. The modi 2 uber really does a grear job letting the ican do its thing. Adds a whole new level of immersion I'd never really given much thought too. The 3D on the ican makes the soundstage huge and makes the battlefield really come alive.

Though the setup costed around $600, very expensive for me, it really was worth every penny. I use it with my xb1 too and again, the soundstage and bass just give so much more life to each game. But no game is on the level of detail in sound and graphics as battlefront. It really makes my system show me what it's capable of.

I do hope the next battlefront adds a campaign because there's so much potential there for epicness.

Can't wait to get a vr headset in the near future for total immersion.

In the meanwhile, I highly recommend at least an ican for gaming. The bass and 3d effects it adds are nothing short of incredible, and for the ps4 and pc players it still works geat with the controller jack if you don't have room for a dedicated dac.

Sadly none if my amps work with the xbox one controller jack--is there a way around this? Do you have to buy that thing that goes in the slot on the bottom? Or does anyone know if the xbox one elite controller can output through an amp.

Time to play. Thanks for reading. Happy gaming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back