Star Trek vs. Star Wars
Oct 15, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #76 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Totally agree tom, a big dissapointment to get into a show only to have it cancelled, SF nuts like us must be an ever shrinking "minority".

I had no idea you would be such a huge SF nut!

Oh, yeah! I go way back. My wife and I were dating and saw Star Wars in a big theater when it first opened. I also grew up scared to death and fascinated at the same time with Forbidden Planet - the bellweather SciFi movie of the '50's. I wasn't old enough to see that one when it first opened, though.
wink.gif

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #78 of 151
If i had to chose one b/w starwars and startrek... startrek it would be. Startrek in general is boring, but starwars is straight bull crap. It is like space samurai or something.

Anyways, I do think two things in SF movies are rather annoying.

1. every alien race in entire universe somehow... speaks english. Dunno why... LOL.
2. every episode, season after season, seems to go romantic, becoming more like a soap opera.

I mean, seriously! This is SF. Can you guys able to stop kissing at least while bullets flying all over?

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #79 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, yeah! I go way back. My wife and I were dating and saw Star Wars in a big theater when it first opened.

I had to call mom to verify this, but she said that I had just turned 11 when she took me to see SW at the theater, when I came to visit with her, and you'll never guess where she lived at the time.
Atlanta.

BTW, wiki says that SW is a space opera, which is a whole nother link in itself.

Oct 16, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #81 of 151
Star Trek hands down, an easy pick for me.

Enjoyed Babylon 5 too. Farscape was another favorite.

Oct 16, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #83 of 151
Star Trek in all its manifestations is the winner.
I do like Star Wars immensely, but Trek is more interesting and intellectually more satisfying.

Oct 16, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #87 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperNothing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excuse me while I kick back with a 40 of cool, clean Colt .45 and do the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs.

I can do it in less than 11 parsecs. :p

Star Wars has better video games. I enjoy all of the Star Wars movies. Star Trek is good and comes in a close second.

Oct 16, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #88 of 151
Ultimate fantasy tag team jelly wrestling fight:
Beverly Crusher, Diana Troy, Uhura, Capt.Janeway, Kes, 7 of 9, Ro Laren, B'Elanna Torres
Versus
Princess Leia, Padme, Jabba the Hutts hot blue skinned dancer chick with the funny floppy things on the top of her head

Very sorry, but star trek wins the hot chick jelly wrestling competition hands down.

Oct 16, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #89 of 151
Just saw the new pics for the 2009 Star Trek movie. Looks pretty cool. Uhuru is a hotty, Sylar as Spock, Nimoy as old Spock, Harold as Sulu, Winona as Spocks Mom, and best of all... Tribbles!
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #90 of 151
for the record parsecs are a unit of distance, star wars kind of failed on that one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back