Standamounts better than Kef LS50's
Dec 8, 2017 at 8:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hornytoad

500+ Head-Fier
Hi , I am looking for a pair of standamounts to replace my Kef LS50's as they are going in another room. There is limited space and I have mostly Schiit equipment (Freya ,Yggy,two Vidars-mono ) .
Unfortunately , I live nowhere near a decent audio store.

Price range 1-5 K . I listen to jazz ,rock mostly . Occasionally some classical and r & b

Give me some suggestions, thanks.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 4
How big is your room? BTW, you realize that bookshelves on stands saves no space at all from floorstanders with the same lower surface area :smile_phones:? (you probably get more bass from floorstanders).

I don't know what the Schiit stuff sounds like, but monitors I like are: ATC SCM19, Aerial 5T, Dynaudio X18 -- but also, don't rule out compact floorstanders.

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #3 of 4
How big is your room? BTW, you realize that bookshelves on stands saves no space at all from floorstanders with the same lower surface area :smile_phones:? (you probably get more bass from floorstanders).

I don't know what the Schiit stuff sounds like, but monitors I like are: ATC SCM19, Aerial 5T, Dynaudio X18 -- but also, don't rule out compact floorstanders.
Forgot to mention its a bedroom ,about 18 by 22 feet,thats why I mentioned standamounters because of the bed in there.

Dec 23, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Contact Israel Blume at Coincident Audio. He sells a loudspeaker that is in your budget, it's called the Coincident Dynamite. He also sells a tube amp that is a perfect match for said speaker, the dynamo 34se mk ii. Check out his website www.coincidentspeaker.com shipping is included with all of his prices!

As a KEF ls50 owner and as someone who is going to audition the dynamites soon, I will post my impressions on this site most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back