Stand for Jecklin Floats
Apr 16, 2006 at 12:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

swt61

Dr. Wood
This is a stand i made for a pair of Jecklin Float 2's. Made a little more difficult by the fact that the headphones in question are thousands of miles away in Scotland. But between Duggeh's (the new owner) measurements and pics he led me to, i think it's gonna work well. The woods are Maple with a figured Purple Heart inlay. Hope he likes it, because i have no idea what else this could be used for (short range glider maybe). The Purple Heart is a bit darker than the photo shows due to the flash. The finish is 5 coats of Laquer buffed to a satin finish with 4-0tt steel wool. Kinda cool to think some of my work will have made it as far as Scotland.

Apr 16, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #4 of 13
That stand looks so delicious i could eat it, gonna love being able to hold it in my grubby little mitts come the day.

You've done something I think that noone has ever done before, created a jecklin stand, to be sure demand is low, but its a worth footnote in headpheon history!

Apr 16, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
JOYGASM!

SoCalMeet_6-19-04_16jecklinfloats.jpg

Apr 16, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #7 of 13
Worry not head-fiers i shall be sure to post a multitude of pictures, and if i can find a volenteer for my 2nd pair. all the better. My trouble is however, that the floats actually seem to suit me, what this says baout my looks im not entirely certain.

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:
This is a stand i made for a pair of Jecklin Float 2's. Made a little more difficult by the fact that the headphones in question are thousands of miles away in Scotland. But between Duggeh's (the new owner) measurements and pics he led me to, i think it's gonna work well. The woods are Maple with a figured Purple Heart inlay. Hope he likes it, because i have no idea what else this could be used for (short range glider maybe). The Purple Heart is a bit darker than the photo shows due to the flash. The finish is 5 coats of Laquer buffed to a satin finish with 4-0tt steel wool. Kinda cool to think some of my work will have made it as far as Scotland.
I love to see your wooden stand from Maple for this pair of Jecklin Float 2's , but I cannot see any link to the pictures...
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 5, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #9 of 13
 I think as this was ~6 years ago there was a big database crash and a bunch of older data got lost.

Sep 17, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #10 of 13
Please upload the pictures again.

Feb 11, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #11 of 13
Please upload the pictures again.

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #13 of 13
Dude, that was 2005! I don't have copies of pictures I took of a headphone stand 9 years ago! Please stop PMing me about it.

Lolz

Hi,
I rang across a certain problem when i ordered a standard headphone stand for my code-x headphone..IT WAS TO SHORT!! If u check the pics on my review u will see i have a modded he5 named code-x and it has very long connectors ...with the regular stands the tip of the connectors touch the surface..so a cable break will happen sooner or later...i just checked the height necessary: 34cm at least (am in the Netherlands but have my complete rig ordered from canada and US of A)

So u still make stands? And can u help me? And what costs am i looking at then?

Thanks for replying
Paulo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back