Stand alone Max dac?
Oct 17, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #62 of 104
Quote:

Will there be a matching super duper amp?

It may be called the balanced max
tongue.gif

Or maybe they have something else twisted up their sleeves
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dave

Oct 17, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #63 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would it be possible to show an image of this beast?

Not yet -- its still pretty much just a circuit board in a bare chassis at this point!
redface.gif
.... but soon, very soon!

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Oct 18, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #67 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, in 16/44.1 mode there's basically no difference between the Audio Precision tester measuring itself or putting the DAC in the loop. In other words, the DAC performs so well the AP can't see it. It can see some things at higher data rates ... like cross talk is something like 130dB down. Friggen ridiculously good measurements. The chip maker has done an unbelievable job, but Joe has too or you couldn't get measurements that low.

I'm very excited about this product.

(So, is that enthusiastic enough for you Jorge?)

Yep, that works...
tongue.gif

A quick shout-out to Joe W., our HeadRoom audio engineer here ... Sure, the Sabre8 DAC chip is indeed gd incredible but Joe's circuit designs, his dozens of permutations & iterations of the board layout, beaucoup corporate listening tests -- not to mention his dogged research perseverance -- bespeaks his brilliance which is why the DAC will sound so right between the ears !!
smily_headphones1.gif

You'll likely not ever get Joe to post here (we dont pay him enough!
rolleyes.gif
) since he's either mnt biking, skiing, or crunching numbers sooooo ... Kudos, Dub!
beerchug.gif

Now.... to put the thing on fast-track, eh!!
ph34r.gif
eek.gif

[just kidding!]

CHEERS,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #69 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, in 16/44.1 mode there's basically no difference between the Audio Precision tester measuring itself or putting the DAC in the loop. In other words, the DAC performs so well the AP can't see it.

It can see some things at higher data rates ... like cross talk is something like 130dB down. Friggen ridiculously good measurements. The chip maker has done an unbelievable job, but Joe has too or you couldn't get measurements that low.

I'm very excited about this product.

(So, is that enthusiastic enough for you Jorge?)

Are you using the voltage output or current output? If i-out, what are you using for I/V?

Oct 19, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #70 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not yet -- its still pretty much just a circuit board in a bare chassis at this point!
redface.gif
.... but soon, very soon!

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

That will do, give us something Man!!

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #72 of 104
I'll be answering some of the technical questions in a month or so once the design is set in stone. 'Til then you can keep asking so I have a list of q's to answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
Will there be a matching super duper amp?

I can't answer that.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #74 of 104
Tyll,

For now, could you tell me which model of analyser from Audio Precision you guys are using?

Thanks!

Oct 21, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #75 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filburt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tyll,

For now, could you tell me which model of analyser from Audio Precision you guys are using?

Thanks!

IIRC it's the System Two Cascade audio analyzer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back