Stacking an Audio-gd Reference5 and Phoenix
Jun 15, 2010 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JesseDodds

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Received my Phoenix and Reference5 in the post today and was wondering if it was okay to stack all three together, and if so, in which order. I notice that on the Audio-gd site it says, if you're stacking, make sure you have the little foam feet stopper things on so there's no chassis contact, but it doesn't mention whether or not it's okay to stack more than just the phoenix.

Cheers for any info :)

Jun 15, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #2 of 5
Also I'm an absolute fool. I've been tearing my hair out, wondering why my phoenix isn't outputting anything, until I realised the Preamp button isn't a power button >.<

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #3 of 5
It says on Audio GD if you're stacking Ref5 it should be on top of other equipment. But I heard Phoenix gets mighty hot so I don't know really.

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #4 of 5
How warm does the Ref 5 get?  The hottest part is the Phoenix power supply.  Best to keep that separate if you can.  I have the original without the vented chassis so mine gets hotter, but the vented chassis might simply transfer the heat to the component above.  I'd try experimenting.  You wont kill anything doing so.

Jun 15, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #5 of 5
Ref 5 gets lukewarm. Definitely not hot. Phoenix is definitely warmer, but I wouldn't say it's hot to touch. I'll try stacking it on top and not how it goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back