St. Louis Head-Fi meet June 23
Jun 19, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #46 of 53
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend.

I look forward to hearing the stories from the day, and really hope I can make it next time.

Jun 24, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #48 of 53
WOOOOOO! FIRST BACK!

This was my first meet and DAMN IT
mad.gif
the experience was NOT GOOD FOR MY WALLET!!

Thanks go to Scott and his hospitable family, as well as Kevin for organizing the whole thing! I'm very happy I went, I still cannot find that stupid wallet, though...wonder where it went?

Anyway, Kevin took a whole bunch of pics that I can't wait to see, as did Scott. But I'll let the MCs (Kevin and Scott) do the debriefing. I'm just REALLY happy I went! I found reaffirmation of most of my purchase decisions to date!!!

Jul 2, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #50 of 53
alrighty, sorry I've taken so long for this I've been HELLA busy this past week. Anyway, for some more discussions, I'll direct you to the thread over at AudioCircle, but I first want to again thank Scott for hosting the meet, as well as providing us quite the selection of food to munch on while experiencing audio ecstasy
icon10.gif
So, now some pix...

This is Scott's main setup, you can read all the specifics in his profile @ audiocircle, just click the link above. It sound INSANELY awesome, you haven't truly heard recorded music until you've heard it thru his rig... Ichinichi and I had a hard time leaving it
cool.gif

IMG_5902.jpg

Scott's vinyl collection, and some of the guys who were there
IMG_5903.jpg

Scott's #2 room, where we had all our headphones set up in the middle of the room. The setup in this pic is the one that got the 2-day shower (see Scott's last post in the AC thread)
IMG_5906.jpg

the main headphone table
IMG_5907.jpg

the Squeezebox playing what else but PINK FLOYD BABY
k1000smile.gif

IMG_5911.jpg

The music blew the rest of him away (think of the Maxell guy in the chair)
IMG_5914.jpg

our combined arsenal (minus the 2006 DT880s, HD555s, and KSC75s)
IMG_5915.jpg
L to R: MS-1, Equinox recabled 580, 2003 DT 880, Little Dot II+, PX100, HD201, iBasso, SR60, SR80
at top: Sony MDR-F1 (basically the same concept as the K1000, but way cheaper), Graham Slee Solo amp (an MKIII)

an obscene amount of tubes..only about 1/10 or so of his collection
IMG_5917.jpg

hmm well I don't know much else to say other than the meet was AWESOME and I can't wait for the next one, and thanks again to Scott for hosting. Definitely check out the Audiocircle thread linked to above

Jul 3, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #51 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronylee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ambrose, my roommate that you all met, bought his first pair of cans today... AKG K701s!! He was hooked after the meet.

ooOOOHHH shHIITTtt, we've doomed yet another poor soul
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronylee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering if you guys knew of a good place to get used CDs?

The 2 places I know of are Vintage Vinyl in the Loop and a place called Record Exchange on south Hampton. I'm gonna assume you know where Hampton is up by Wash U. Just go south from there on the same street for a long time, you'll go under 44, keep goin, as the parkway in the middle tapers off, you'll come to a Y-split in the road, stay to the left on Hampton. Keep goin, you'll pass a park on the left and soon after you'll come to the intersection of Chippewa, keep goin past the big shopping center and the Target, you'll go around a second S-curve sort of, and you're almost there. It's at the intersection of Hampton and Eichelberger, on your left. There's a stoplight at the intersection. The building is big, sort of 50's "modern" era with these big brass (i think) buttress type things going up the sides. It's an old library building, you can't miss it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back