SS amp for HD800 (SPL, Rudistor, Headamp, something else?)
Oct 28, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #16 of 46
Tried a few more recently:

- Luxman P-1u
- Lehmann black cube linear

Too bad that the P-700u is still not yet out in Hong Kong. Anyway, the trial is quite extensive already. Only a few more candidates left. :)

Suggestions are more than welcome!

Nov 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #20 of 46
In 2 weeks is ready to Start SPL NEW FLAGSHIP AMP with Remote Control!and this will be a GREAT SOUNDING AMP FOR HD 800 & AKG K812! REGARDS NOMAX

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #21 of 46
Try the Musical Fidelity M1HPAP. Warm, very musical and smooth,  but extremelly clean and fast sounding. Pairs great with T1's,  would be even better with HD800's probably.

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #23 of 46
Link?????????????

You can go on SPL'S facebook side!i was asking Spl on Okt.30 th and they give me there the offical answer mid November will be the realase of the New flagship Model!Regards nomax

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #26 of 46
In 2 weeks is ready to Start SPL NEW FLAGSHIP AMP with Remote Control!and this will be a GREAT SOUNDING AMP FOR HD 800 & AKG K812! REGARDS NOMAX

Thanks, Nomax. If thats the case, I would certainly wait for it. Just dont know when will it be available for trial in Hong Kong.

Do you know if it will have balanced output for the headphones in the new flagship?

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #27 of 46
  Try the Musical Fidelity M1HPAP. Warm, very musical and smooth,  but extremelly clean and fast sounding. Pairs great with T1's,  would be even better with HD800's probably.

Thanks for the suggestion. Personally I have tried other MF products before and found them generally tend to be warm, smooth but sacrifies quite some details. Anyway, I will try to check it out some days. :)

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #29 of 46
~~Hi Eric, We only have one facebook page for SPL at the moment. As for the new Phonitor 2... yes it is true and we will be showing it at the Namm show for the first time in Jan Marty SPL-USA

this is the answer I received after asking for the new spl amplifier. from marty druckman of spl usa. the amplifier will be shown for the first time at the beginning of January at the namm show in California. 

the only thing we know about it is that it is gonna be called phonitor 2. that is all. and no it is not going to be sold at mid November. we are mid November.

as far as I am concerned, the hifiman ef-6 is a great amplifier for the hd 800. I use mine with black dragon premium cable and the sound is great.very deep bass, yet great clarity.

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #30 of 46
Hi Mambosenior,

How does one go about using speaker taps and balanced cable.  I actually have an old Hafler amp and would love to try it with my HD 800s.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back