SRS Labs' iWOW Adapter for ipod
Dec 10, 2008 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Captain ?degard

Member of the Trade
Dec 10, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 12
Looks nice. I wish they were more specific in their product description.

Dec 10, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 12
Believe me when I say it's little more than a gimmick; it seriously messes with the sound and tries to pull it apart all different ways and...ugh.
mad.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #5 of 12
Just saw it on engadget. Looks like a cheap lod/amp for the masses who don't know about the stuff we use every day. At least it may get some of the masses interested in looking into improving their audio.

Dec 11, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just saw it on engadget. Looks like a cheap lod/amp for the masses who don't know about the stuff we use every day. At least it may get some of the masses interested in looking into improving their audio.

You are quite right. That thing would feed from the Lineout and have it's own amp with some stuffs. No any non Head-Fier this will be a revelation

Dec 11, 2008 at 10:08 AM Post #8 of 12
Looks more like an iWON'T for me, as in I won't bother with it.

I've never been impressed by all these add-ons and plug-ins to spatialize/crystalize/matrixalize/WOWanize sound. Money is spent on a better source (DAP), better source material (recording/mastering) and headphones.

Dec 11, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 12
If they start saying that it's going to fulfil your mp3 with the missing cues similar to the X-Fi from Creative, I would say it's complete coloration and it's no where near natural. I like Creative's products, but doesn't like the X-Fi Alchemy. Might sound great as an artificial thing, but not good for me.

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #10 of 12
This gadget it actually promoted to just make earbuds sound better so it does sound like some kind of "sound expander" and nothing that many would be interested in out here.

Dec 12, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #11 of 12
I don't think it really even qualifies as an amp, per se. The iWow is actually a plug-in for iTunes that has some soundstage virtualization sliders and stuff like that. It's... kinda cool (ish). I think this device is just a portable container for the software plugin that you can use with your iPod. If you want to see how it works you can download the plugin here for listening on a computer.

meh.

May 22, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #12 of 12
The plug in is different then the adapter. I got it from amzon for 34 bucks, I will be buying a portable amp soon. I think it does a great job, but will post after I get the amp. FYI I am a car stereo nut, but have had 4 back surgerys and just got into headphones. So being a newbie I will learn as I go. I have 3 earbuds, a sony old school set mvd4 I think, sony mbx700, shure 240I think, I do not listen to earbuds anymore cuz they sound like ****.I will be getting ath-m50s soon. I do alot of reading which this site is great for and shop stores and listen and u guys all right in sounds of different cans=saves me money. I had all cans except the shures which were on sale for 20$. In the car stereo world there is srt and dsp and I think both sound Like ****. thanks robertg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back