SRH-940 vs T70p
Nov 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SmettMark

100+ Head-Fier
How much difference between these two? They seem VERY similar, so aside from the beyers being more comfortable and having better isolation, is there a big difference in sound between them, or is the T70p not worth the extra money? 

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #3 of 5
I would have to disagree and say the SRH-940's are much more comfortable.

As for sound signature, differences are minuscule. The high end on the Beyer's may be a bit smoother.

SRH-940's also only run 180-220$ street. The T70p go for 275-325$

The T70p's may be a bit more attractive though, and hell of a lot more durable. The Shure's are having a huge problem with their swivel feature and faulty headbands.

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
I would have to disagree and say the SRH-940's are much more comfortable.
As for sound signature, differences are minuscule. The high end on the Beyer's may be a bit smoother.
SRH-940's also only run 180-220$ street. The T70p go for 275-325$
The T70p's may be a bit more attractive though, and hell of a lot more durable. The Shure's are having a huge problem with their swivel feature and faulty headbands.

Do you fimd the headband uncomfortable? I heard the shure's isolation is pretty bad, do they leak a lot of sound? Do you think there's a chance I won't hear a difference in sound between the two?

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #5 of 5
Do you fimd the headband uncomfortable? I heard the shure's isolation is pretty bad, do they leak a lot of sound? Do you think there's a chance I won't hear a difference in sound between the two?

The headband is strange. Some days it feels like nothing is there, some it can get uncomfortable after an hour or so. They isolate decently for a can with velour pads. And you will hear a difference, But it shouldn't be like oh say an HD600/650 comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back