SR60 with $1k in upgrades? LOL!
Jul 25, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #106 of 129
I have offered this send this guy 200 cash, plus whatever he wants for an audio to Braille converter and he still wants to beat me up in price. How greedy.

Jul 25, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #107 of 129
Great thread folks! If anybody new really wants to contact him about the headphones, I think we should come up with a better cover story than everybody saying "my friend told me about this auction..."

Just click the "contact buyer" button on his profile and mention that you saw the auction and you're interested if it's still available since the listing is gone.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...id=killer.deal
Then take it from there
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #108 of 129
Just read his feedback, and he stated this:
Quote:

Reply by killer.deal: Never Paid, When My Collection Department Called Him, He Posted This.

He has a collection department, huh? Someone make him trip over himself with this one.

Jul 25, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #109 of 129
Usually chronic lying takes the form of, "Yeah, and after I drank a full bottle of whisky and beat up those three linebackers, then I took two girls home. It was rough though cus I was drunk and I had to outrun the police, and good think I didn't get caught because I keep a machine gun in my car. You know, just in case." But this is something else entirely. I mean, he probably doesn't know who we are, but headfi members are the wrong people to fabricate a headphone for. I've seen threads with only a picture asking to a ID some 1970s limited production can. And somebody has. It only gets better....

Jul 25, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #111 of 129
Continued........

===========================

Professional. I work in production for a living.

On 7/25/06, dasd das <bwwwww@hotmail.com> wrote:
Are you a professional tosser, or is it just a hobby?
A

>From: "Gunbound Angel" <gunboundangel@gmail.com>
>To: "dasd das" < bwwwww@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: grado sr60
>Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 21:55:29 -0700
>
>I still checking for that the Braille Converter. The connecter is gold
>plated. I prefer not to have local pickup but if it is a absoulte nesscety,
>I might be able to arrange that. Prices have gone up and down. They are all
>over the board. Give me your absoulte best offer. I will make my desicion
>tomarrow or wedsday and i'll let you know how it goes.
>
>Thanks
>
>Randall
>
>On 7/24/06, dasd das <bwwwww@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>How much for the audio to Braille converter? Also, have you Tossed the
>>connectors in gold plate? If so, are you a bonafide Tosser?
>>If you are getting better offers, I can go up a bit. Can I pick these up?
>>My
>>sister lives in California, but I live in alaska.
>>A

Jul 25, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #112 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatfi

A

>>

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Jul 25, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #113 of 129
Here's my email in response to his automated-looking reply. Let's see what he answers:

Quote:

I_really_can't_estimate_well_what_to_offer_since_I _don't_know_what_your_headphone_exactly_include.

If_yours_have_the_Stax_drivers_I'm_thinking_of_I_m ight_be_willing_to_offer_up_to_$400, but_if_the_drivers_are_the_highest-end_Stax, or_also_depending_on_the_other_mods, I_will_consider_a_higher_bid.

Please_send_me_the_detailed_list_of_mods or_detailed_specs_of_your_modeed_SR60's, or_some_detailed_pictures_of_the_drivers, cable_and_headband. From_the_detailed_specs_I_will_certainly_make_a_mu ch_better_and_reasonable_offer. Pictures_appreciated. Thanks_very_much! Looking_forward_to_your_reply!

Jul 25, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #114 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatfi
Continued........

Comedy goldmine!

Jul 26, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #115 of 129
Somebody should fake offer him say, 500$+ If and Only If it can be a local pickup. ^_^
Love to see where that goes to. Will he be so stubben that he thinks he lost out on 500$ worth?

Jul 26, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #116 of 129
Ok here's his reply. Bolds are mine for highlighting purposes. Gee I really feel sad about this whole thing.

Quote:

I_tried_to_take_picture_and_boom_the_camera_screwe d_up._Sorry, I_will_try_to_get_some_up. let_me_tell_you_how_I_aquired_these_headphones. IN_Januarny, my_production_company, Fire_Star, ot_subcontacted_to_film_The_next_Boondock_saints_m ovie, Boondock_Saints: All_Saints_Day._On_my_first_day, we_started_to_hook_up_some_stuff_and_tape_some_stu ff. Mostly_it_was_vocie_overs_and_sound_effect. But_we_ran_into_a_problem_everytime_we_miced_a_gun shot_the_audio_would_peak_and_the_audio_guys_headp hones_(a_stock_pair_of_Shure_E2)_would_blow. Until_finally_I_decided_to_get_some_really_good_on e. One_of_the_assicates_would_was_overlooking_our_pro ject_said_he_knew_a_guy_would_had_a_company_that_m akes_some_killer_headphones. This_man_turned_out_to_be_John_Grado. I_never_talked_to_the_man_personally_but_he_donate d_these_to_our_cause._From_what_I'm_told_he_also_d irected_us_to_a_company_a_friend_of_his_had_which_ would_be_able_to_make_these_better_than_any_pair_o f_grados. So_I_called_this_guy_up_and_told_him_our_situation . I_don't_know_exactly_what_everything_is_but_here_i s_a_run_down.

-_Stax_Plasma_Drivers_sodier_with_some_BOSE_feature _which_supposely_made_made_them_pick_up_every_nosi e_made_with_almost_a_mile_with_the_mic_range.
-_A_little_chip_which_would_regulate_the_sound_if_i t_peaked_on_the_audio_board
-_Another_chip_to_regulate_sounds_in_case_of_a_crap py_recording
-_a_Driver_made_to_boost_the_vocal_if_it_was_lost_i n_sound
-_and_a_chip_which_to_be_clear_is_sopposed_to_make_ them_nosie_cancelling_but_i_never_found_them_to_ef fective_in_doing_this.

If_you_look_at_the_headphones_they_look_the_same_a s_some_other_pair_a_grados. The_cable_is_a_bit_wider_and_was_custom_made_by_Gr ado_to_fit_some_extra_wiring_which_if_you_have_an_ audio_board_will_help_it_is_also_supposely_nuke_pr oof. The_Headband_was_upgraded_but_it's_nothing_to_spec ial. The_headphones_themselfs_where_kept_the_same_becau se_the_lined_the_inner_plastic_with_some_thing_tha t_made_them_retain_sound_better. We_had_budgeted_5,000_dollars_on_these_headphones_ and_we_used_it_all_up. I_told_the_guy_to_use_the_best_of_the_best_which_h e_swore_he_would_do. I_recently_talked_to_him_and_he_told_me_if_you_buy _them_he_can_guarantee_them_just_like_he_did_for_m e. I_have_used_alot_of_headphones_in_my_time. I_am_both_a_production_professional_and_a_recordin g_artist (arianna_kills,_my_band,_ariannakills_.150m_.com_) _and_I_know_a_good_pair_when_I_hear_them. I_would_like_to_keep_these_but_bills_don't_pay_the mselves. I_sure_you_will_be_happy_with_these.

Jul 26, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #117 of 129
omg! i have a great idea...We pull the nigerian scam on him! "1500 dollars has been transferred into your account", he seems like the type to fall for it.

Jul 26, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #118 of 129
Wow. Now all of the sudden it's not $1000 in upgrades, it's $5000. But don't worry, he called the guy and he will transfer the guarantee to the lucky buyer.

Ask him if the upgraded headband is made of unicorn hide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back