SR60 with $1k in upgrades? LOL!
Jul 24, 2006 at 9:34 AM Post #91 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Christy
Damn they pulled the auction.

That's a real shame because i heard from someone who knows someone else who used to know someone who might have worked at the Grado factory that the only Grados ever made with Bose drivers were made for Hendrix when he recorded Electric Ladyland.

The factory still has the plastercasts of Hendrix's ears from when they fitted the drivers.

Those could have been THEM.

I'm sure this guy would have had provenance. ALL that for a $1,000. It's a steal honestly.

Now we'll never know.
frown.gif

lol id be funny if that was true, lol the joke is on us
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #93 of 129
Quote:

and it has some Stax plasma drivers.

lmao

Jul 25, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #95 of 129
Well, it turns out these incredible cans are still for sale. I emailed this d-bag a few hours ago. Enjoy the conversation:

On 7/24/06, <darkest374@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi there,

I heard you're sellng a special pair of Grados. I
tried to find them on Ebay but they weren't there
anymore. What makes them different? I've heard some
models use Stax drivers, and you can also put titanium
in place of plastic to increase the soundstage and
bass response. Did you do the ardarvin mod? One thing
I've heard is that the stock cable is crap. Did you
use gold wire, or have you also tried the chromium?
I've heard they both work really well. Let me know
what sort of modifications were done and I might be
interested.

Thanks,
Tony

Hey Tony,
I invite you to summit you buy out offer here to my email. Then I will list and restict the buying to you. What I have is a pair of SR 60 with BOSE and Plasma Stax Drivers. they do have the ardarvin mod. And they have a custom made wire that is supposed to reisit any type of treatment. These where made to resist anything because we were gonna use them to film the new Boondock Saints movie. The have a series of other mods like a regulator incase you are listening to a very crappy recording. These are also guaranteed not to blow out. I have talk to the company who modded these and they have agreed to replace them if they do. Let me know if I can be of anymore help. Exact spec I don't know but to give you a general idea. These where made to listen to every breath someone take because sometimes in a moive you need to edit this out. These probaly have the best sensativey you'll ever find in a headphone.

Thanks

Randall
--
Wow, Randall, you're a jack@ss. By the way, in case you're wondering, ardarvin is the nickname of the guy in charge of buildering.net, a site about climbing buildings.

Jul 25, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #97 of 129
These headphones might be vaporware, but there's no better way to get your dream cans than through this Randall guy. Imagine: so, hey, uh, Randall, you know those 1-oz. 3D cans that are flat from 1hz-100khz, the ones that are like 30 ohms impedance and never distort? Could you mod the Grado SR-60s so they can do that? Sure, gradofan, of course, anything for you.

This is the most asinine thing I've ever heard. At least the fake Orpheuses that are so common on Ebay are based on a real (and apparently, really good) headphone. And the notion that someone would pay that much for Grado's entry level cans -- with *any* mods -- is insane.

Guys, I think we should keep this going. If you guys have any ideas for other "questions" to ask this scam artist, please email him and post his reply. And let's just hope he meets a customer of his in a dark alleyway.

Jul 25, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #98 of 129
Oh no, I definitely didn't send the last snippet. That was an aside. This, like sneaking out behind the house to set micro machines on fire when your parents aren't home (when you're a little kid, not now
smily_headphones1.gif
is too good a game to stop or show your hand.

Jul 25, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #99 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by gradofan
Oh no, I definitely didn't send the last snippet. That was an aside. This, like sneaking out behind the house to set micro machines on fire when your parents aren't home (when you're a little kid, not now
smily_headphones1.gif
is too good a game to stop or show your hand.

Whew, that's good.

Jul 25, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #100 of 129
It continues. Again, read from the bottom up.
J

-----------------------------

These Phones have resisted Live Miced Gun Shots. I don't think I have an audio to braille converter, I will call and see if any of the other production company have one. If they do then I will let you know. The Price is still in question because I am awaiting other people's offer. I will take you offer into consideration

Randall

On 7/24/06, dasd das <bwwwww@hotmail.com> wrote:
Another thing, my sister was born with no ears, it is very sad. That's why I
need gunshot resistant headphones. Will these be suitable? Also, she is
blind, do you have a audio to Braille converter? I would pay extra. Please
send me an address that I can Fedex cash to. I hope the price has not risen
above 250.
A

>From: "Gunbound Saint" <gunboundsaint@gmail.com>
>To: "dasd das" <bwwwww@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: grado sr60
>Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 06:42:12 -0700
>
>I have talked to my superviser and he instucted me to tell you that if you
>can pay 250 the headphones are yours.
>

Jul 25, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #102 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatfi
On 7/24/06, dasd das <bwwwww@hotmail.com> wrote:
Another thing, my sister was born with no ears, it is very sad. That's why I need gunshot resistant headphones. Will these be suitable? Also, she is blind, do you have a audio to Braille converter? I would pay extra.

evil_smiley.gif
rs1smile.gif
evil_smiley.gif
rs1smile.gif
evil_smiley.gif

OMG...

Thank you all for this thread. I haven't laughed this much in days!

"...a pair of SR 60 with BOSE and Plasma Stax Drivers. they do have the ardarvin mod."

LMAO

Jul 25, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #103 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatfi
Are you a certified wanker?

Literally LOL.

Jul 25, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #104 of 129
Here's my email (I'm inserting characters to avoid a web search hit from the original text) :

Quote:

A_friend_of_mine_sent_me_an_email_couple_of_days_a go_saying_you_have_an_auction_at_Ebay_for_some_mod ded_Grado. I_already_have_a_pair_of_heavily_modded_SR60s, but_one_of_my_drivers_is_damaged. If_yours_have_the_same_kind_of_drivers_I_would_be_ extremely_interested. My_SR60's_were_modded_with_Stax_HD650K701_drivers_ and_coin-hole_modded_pads. Could_you_please_email_me_the_descriptions_of_the_ mods_yours_have, specs_of_your_headphones, or_links_to_some_photos? Even_if_they_are_different_from_mine_I_would_be_ve ry_interested. Thanks_very_much!"

His response, not too different from what others have already gathered:

Quote:

I_don't_have_anypics_and_took_down_the_auctions_be cause_I_got_an_overwhelming_amount_of_buy_out_offe rs. I_invite_you_to_summit_you_buy_out_offer_here_to_m y_email. Then_I_will_list_and_restict_the_buying_to_you. What_I_have_is_a_pair_of_SR_60_with_BOSE_and_Plasm a_Stax_Drivers. These_where_made_to_resist_anything_because_we_wer e_gonna_use_them_to_film_the_new_Boondock_Saints_m ovie. The_have_a_series_of_other_mods_like_a_regulator_i ncase_you_are_listening_to_a_very_crappy_recording . These_are_also_guaranteed_not_to_blow_out. I_have_talk_to_the_company_who_modded_these_and_th ey_have_agreed_to_replace_them_if_they_do. Let_me_know_if_I_can_be_of_anymore_help. Exact_spec_I_don't_know_but_to_give_you_a_general_ idea. These_where_made_to_listen_to_every_breath_someone _take_because_sometimes_in_a_moive_you_need_to_edi t_this_out. These_probaly_have_the_best_sensativey_you'll_ever _find_in_a_headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back