SR225 vs. HD600
Jan 31, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by justanotheruser
I was somewhat under the impression that 225s perform great unamped and with cheaper sources but improve less with better amps/sources, while the HDs underperform with cheap amps/sources but shine with better quality stuff. Is it wrong to make the assumption that the 225s aren't worthy of this setup?

Personally I think it's a myth with a kernel of truth in it which has been retold so many times it's become a fact. I own both, they both suffer a lot with poor amplification though the general sound signature of the 225 keeps it better sounding when driven poorly. Both scale quite well with better amplification, you'll get improvements on both going from $500 amps to $2000 amps.

Jan 31, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Does anybody know Alessandro's return policy? I was thinking about just springing for the MS-2, which sounds promising. I doubt I'll make any more progress without trying something and I'm obviously bothering the he** out of some of the members of this forum.

If that's settled, a few last things...any suggestions for interconnects? Will any digital cable do, or are they affect the sound like regular cables? As soon as I get this figured out I'll whip out the plastic...

I wouldn't worry too much about a return policy. Even if you ordered them, dont expect to receive anything.

Jan 31, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Does anybody know Alessandro's return policy? I was thinking about just springing for the MS-2, which sounds promising. I doubt I'll make any more progress without trying something and I'm obviously bothering the he** out of some of the members of this forum.

If that's settled, a few last things...any suggestions for interconnects? Will any digital cable do, or are they affect the sound like regular cables? As soon as I get this figured out I'll whip out the plastic...

Try the SR-325 and HD650 from www.toddthevinyljunkie.com . Return the one you don't like. If you find the SR-325s too bright still, opt for some MS-2s from Alessandro. They are very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back