SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream
Nov 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #392 of 594
The RP010B is pure garbage (quad mono with massive noise and drift issues) but the Coriolan2 (or just Egmont as it's the same circuit used over and over) is even worse.  It's the cheapest electrostatic amp there is to build so Rudi is officially the king of markup. 

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #393 of 594
Quote:
The RP010B is pure garbage (quad mono with massive noise and drift issues) but the Coriolan2 (or just Egmont as it's the same circuit used over and over) is even worse.  It's the cheapest electrostatic amp there is to build so Rudi is officially the king of markup

Or, at the very least, the king of typos and just plain bad grammar.

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #395 of 594
I did a little digging and found this:

Rudistor Coriolan 2 are very high qualities, is using resistors Mills and Audionote, capacitors Howland.  Using very high grade compostnents throughout.  When listen in Stax, have "heaven" experiences, wide sound of concerted hall, but sound also inmate like you there. Sennheiser Orpheus, "the grate", sound are nature, very "reality", not trying, lesseffort, like Analogous.  Only sad does not work in Grado dynamic, Coriolan only in Stax and Orpheus.  Built is very (as Rudistor always) good, as much as tower of Pisa. Meters "old fashion" high qualities valves amp.  For valves sound better, need "tubes tied" damper rings made high quality Italian by Tomy Vasec.  

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #396 of 594

Quote:

needs a pic..

Rudistor Coriolan 2 are very high qualities, is using resistors Mills and Audionote, capacitors Howland.  Using very high grade compostnents throughout.  When listen in Stax, have "heaven" experiences, wide sound of concerted hall, but sound also inmate like you there. Sennheiser Orpheus, "the grate", sound are nature, very "reality", not trying, lesseffort, like Analogous.  Only sad does not work in Grado dynamic, Coriolan only in Stax and Orpheus.  Built is very (as Rudistor always) good, as much as tower of Pisa. Meters "old fashion" high qualities valves amp.  For valves sound better, need "tubes tied" damper rings made high quality Italian by Tomy Vasec.  

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #399 of 594
Quote:

This would be a nice waste of parts for a crappy circuit it any of it were true.  Here is the only internal pic I can share (as it was found online):

So... point me to the Mills and A-N parts? 
redface.gif
  Cheap orange drop caps (not the real 715 though) and generic metal oxide plate resistors.  Everything else is the cheapest crap money can buy.  The PSU is unregulated and matches exactly with the schematic I have here drawn by Rudi.  The rest is just so much fail, bias supply which will harm the diaphragms over time (too much current), issues to combat hum (which was never present in any of the amps I've built using this same circuit) and I still don't understand how that RCA/XLR input is supposed to work except at max volume level.  Even then it won't work... 

To be fair these amps are better than the A-10 but that's only because it's atrociously bad.  Anything Stax has ever made eats this for breakfast and yeah, that includes the duds. 

Nov 16, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #400 of 594
I guess I'll stick with my 007t/ii (trusty and never lets me down with nice sweet sound).
Thanks spritzer.
(Still like my RP010B a lot though; quit looking for another solid state after this one.)

Nov 16, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #401 of 594
In response to aspersions cast on Rudi's design:

"Parts is very high qualities, I no knot from observatories, just pirate what I hearing.  Like in violin, true violin lutheran is taking even from any wood parts and is making the most grate violin of the world.  Composnents only are only equality to some of partial, hole is grate.  RudiStor artisans products, crafting Italian, very high qualities, Stradivarius in headphone amps.  Sound is to must hear to beliefs.  Like from Cathedral, expensive soundstages, also "this time it's personal", like from confessional.  A thanks you to Rudi and fellow headphone men, I am "on heaven"!

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #402 of 594
I take it that comment to be from the guy who is pushing these on non English speaking forums and just happens to sell them as well?  It's also not Rudi's design in any way, TubeCad used this very same circuit as a super simple electrostatic amp back in 1999 and the circuit traces back to the 40's.  It is really just a DC coupled diff amp with an output stage, no feedback and not enough gain to support it so it's very nonlinear.  Even the non feedback amps Stax released in the 60's (for DIY use) are better than this in every way. 

Nov 16, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #403 of 594
Quote:
I take it that comment to be from the guy who is pushing these on non English speaking forums and just happens to sell them as well?  

Yes, honestly, Rudi speaks and writes much better english than this. Isn't it from the asia/pacific distributor that he set up a few years back? The phrase construction pattern seems like a bad google translation of chinese or some asian language...

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #404 of 594
That may be the case, but his site does have some typos too....
http://www.rudistor.com/Coriolan.htm
"t[size=small]
he sound is the gratest you can expect from an amplifier of this class combined with Omega Stax, ( old or new model ) or Sennheiser HE90"[/size]

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #405 of 594
Unrelated gilency, I like your avatar, your own shot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back