SR-71B, Fully balanced input-output portable headphone amp.....
Dec 14, 2010 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

Ray Samuels

Member of the Trade: Ray Samuels Audio
SR-71B, Fully balanced portable amp

July 17th, 2010

Emmeline SR-71B – Quad mono fully balanced, input-output, portable amp.

There is nothing out there to even come close to what the SR-71B can offer. The state of the art fully differential input to output with best audio specs ever when it comes to low noise, bandwidth, slew rate & dynamics. Four independent op-amps with the lowest input noise & excellent audio performance are used in the gain stages, two for each channel giving you three independent gains per channel. The Buffer stage has four independent buffers, two per channel with a great drive capability & current handling. Making this portable balanced amp the most powerful Amp ever designed. The topology of four independent mono channels make it unique & a must hear to believe. There is no headphone ever made that SR-71B can’t drive with great authority & control. It will stand toe to toe with best balanced home amps out there. It can swing in balanced mode more than 26V p-p. SR-71B uses, custom designed for RSA, four Lithium Ion battery pack that when fully charged you have 16.8 volts DC. SR-71B can swing more than 12-14 volts p-p in single ended, making it excellent performer to drive HD 600/650.

We have implemented a custom designed “Alps” volume control with four independent resistive sections, two for each channel, with dual shafts, each two resistive sections are controlled by one shaft. This will give many listeners out there the ability to balance the left & right channels independently according to their hearing. You might not believe this but more than 80% of the people can’t equally hear from both ears. Also many analog players might not give you equally balanced signals. Music files might not have been recorded with perfect left & right amplitude of signal strength, this dual mono high quality POTs configuration makes it a great feature for many out there.

SR-71B has both fully balanced input signal that is processed that way from the input to output, and the single ended 3.5mm input connector. We use 2 balanced connectors, the same as the Protector’s balanced connector. One is for the balanced input signal, on the rear panel, the second is on the front panel, for the balanced output. Balanced input signal from any true balanced player will be handled all the way through in fully balanced till it reaches the balanced headphone output connector. The single ended headphone jack will still be active BUT it will carry only single ended signal.

SR-71B handles the single ended signal in a different way. The fully balanced differential chip converts the single ended signal into a balanced signal with opposite polarity. This signal is passed to four independent gain stages then to four buffers. This means your balanced outputs connector will ALWAYS have balanced signal at output no matter what the input signal is and ALWAYAS have the single ended signal at the 3.5mm headphone jack no matter what input signal might be.

Ten of the BEST state of the art op-amps & buffers are being used in the design. No compromise in quality of resistors or caps. Mil spec PC board well implemented components location & lanes makes this design having the lowest noise floor ever built. All these chips are high voltage chips used in the best sound reproduction components.

With all that much circuitry, dual pots, double gain switches, two balanced connectors, two SE connectors, balanced & SE switch selector, DC input jack, on/off LED & on/off switch, this balanced amp must be real big in size, right? The truth is that it is shorter than SR-71A by ½”, 3.25” in length, .7” in height & 2.25” in width. This is a portable amp that has it all, Quality in workmanship, sound reproduction and all that your heart desires in bells & whistles, all in a small portable package.

RSA

Preorder the SR-71B

December 10, 2010
Dear friends around the World… SR-71B balanced portable amp will be ready to ship within 7-10 days. We are offering an introductory price of $600.00 for the first 100 units. By posting your name and a short comment, you can reserve SR-71B at this special price. Please do not send money until the amps are available for shipping. Please do not send any e-mail either as I have no time replying to them.
-Ray Samuels

Pay for your SR-71B

December 15, 2010
Dear head-fiers around the world…
The chassis and the custom knobs will be ready this Friday, which means we can start shipping from Monday & on as much as we can. We will ship by the order of who pays first and not by the post on my web site or Head-Fi.
Please use my e-mail address when sending money via pay-pal.
rsaudio@raysamuelsaudio.com

Shipping to Japan, China, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines , Australia, Germany, France Switzerland & UK,
The shipping is $45.00 via fed-ex.

Black SR-71B shipped to these countries using pay-pal is $672.09
$802.34 is the total for the black SR-71B with Mil spec LOD cable.

Silver/White SR-71B shipped to these contries is $687.72
$817.97 for the Silver/White SR-71B with Mil spec LOD cable.

Shipping in the USA via fed-ex is $14.00

$632.42 is the total for black SR-71B using pay-pal
$761.17 is the total for black SR-71B with Mil spec LOD cable.

$647.87 is the total for Silver/white SR-71B using pay-pal
$775.59 is the total for Silver/White SR-71B with Mil spec LOD cable.

We do have the balanced cable with balanced connector for all custom IEMs at $90.00
All custom UEs
All custom Westone IEMs
All custom JH IEMs
If you have any question regarding payment or price, please call us, 847-673-8739
RSA 

Dec 16, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #4 of 56
Sorry, we just got them in stock. They are balanced cables for IEMs with memory wire at the end that goes around your ear & terminated to balanced SR-71B connector.
Ray Samuels

Dec 16, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #5 of 56
Dear Ray,
   What is the shipment Fedex rate  to Bangkok 10200, Thailand , is it the same as Singapore?
   What is Mil spec LOD cable?  What is it used for?
   How about the mini 4 pin XLR female and male connectors in case that we will make our own cable?
   Can the Westone IEM cable be used with the Westone ES5?
   Do you also have short adapter cable from standard 4 pin XLR to mini 4 pin XLR as skylab mentioned
when he commented about the SR71B with the HE6 that he got from you?

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #7 of 56

Quote:
Dear Ray,
   What is the shipment Fedex rate  to Bangkok 10200, Thailand , is it the same as Singapore?
   What is Mil spec LOD cable?  What is it used for?
   How about the mini 4 pin XLR female and male connectors in case that we will make our own cable?
   Can the Westone IEM cable be used with the Westone ES5?
   Do you also have short adapter cable from standard 4 pin XLR to mini 4 pin XLR as skylab mentioned
when he commented about the SR71B with the HE6 that he got from you?

LOD cable is used between iPod/iPhone to the input of the amp.
This provides you with the line out signal with out going through the amp section of the source.
For other connectors please see Moon Audio, Whiplash Audio & ALO Audio. They all have the balanced connectors & all provide great service to our community.
Ray Samuels

Dec 16, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #8 of 56
Dear Ray,
    I have sent the money for the white SR71B with one CIEM cable for the Westone ES5.
    Please send them to my address shown in paypal to Bangkok 10200, Thailand
Thanks,
Cheers,
Kiertijai

Dec 18, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #13 of 56
Hello ray,
i would like to reserve a white sr71b , is this the place to reserve it? 

Dec 18, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #14 of 56
Thanks for my XMAS present to myself.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 19, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #15 of 56
Hi Mr.Samuels,

I have bought a LOD terminated with Protector/SR71B plug from MOON AUDIO.
And I will use it with JH16 and LCD-2 from balanced output of SR-71B.
Does it work with SR-71B as balanced input, or SE input?
I think that it will has same power but does not have same SQ as fully balanced source.
Is that right?

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back