Bilavideo

Caution: Incomplete trades.
Look at this graph:
bilavideo-albums-sr60-graph-picture4192-sr60-graph.png

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #7 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftrack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes sir.
EDIT: Do you know which pads were used for testing? Was it stock?

I'm pretty sure it was stock. The folks at Headroom would have taken it as it's sold. Having swapped pads on mine a number of ways, I can honestly say that a change of pads can make a world of difference. With doughnuts, the SR-60 opened up noticeably. As it already has better bass than any of the rivals listed here - at least up to 2 kHz - opening up the sound by at least adopting doughnuts makes a world of difference.

When I swapped the doughnuts out for the G-Cush coconuts, I got an even wider soundstage but at the expense of bass. On the other hand, after cutting back on the cushions a few millimeters, I ended up with a wide but not sibilant soundstage and the bass was back with a vengeance.

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #8 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who dismiss SR60? It probably has one of the best price/performance ratio

I'm speaking of the assumption that the SR-60 is the bottom of the Grado foodchain (apart from the iGrado) and that one automatically gets better sound by buying one's way up the product line. I was on a discussion sometime back when that assumption hit me as questionable. Going back to the graphs, I was surprised to find that, up through about 2 kHz, the SR-60 outperforms the other Prestige offerings. It's from 2-3 kHz where the SR-60 gets overtaken by other Grado cans, yet these tests are with the SR-60 using its stock flats.

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #9 of 73
SR60 sucks

FR != good sound quality

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #10 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SR60 sucks

FR != good sound quality

What's wrong with the SR60?

Dec 5, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #12 of 73
lol

Forget the HeadRoom graphs (no offense to them intended), I feel they aren't representative of a headphone's sound. They scarcely concur with what I hear, if at all. =\

Edit: Grados rock, that is all.

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #14 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People dismiss the SR-60 for its price, but its graph competes well against the other Grados.

I fail to see the ponit of this; they all have pretty much the same sound sig - why re you surprised they number up about the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back