SR-60 crushes e4c
Jun 17, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by brokensound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a silly arguement. Obviously, there are iem that will easily pummel the sr60 in SQ. Like the shure e500. But then there are cans that sound just as good. Each has it's place. Same goes for speakers.

I hear what you're saying. I haven't heard the super expensive IEMs, but it's safe to say you get far more for your money with open cans from a SQ perspective.

Jun 17, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #18 of 35
I own both. The E4C destroys the SR60...

Jun 17, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, the UE-10 is superior to many open cans. And absolutely wipes the floor with the SR-60.

Heres another bold claim to add to yours. The HE90s absolutely wipes the floor with the HD595s.

Jun 17, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by leng jai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heres another bold claim to add to yours. The HE90s absolutely wipes the floor with the HD595s.

Guess what? Pokemon > Digimon.

COMPLETELY irrelevant.

Jun 17, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #22 of 35
Ghingus,

I don't find my Grado SR-60's to be particularly detailed. Did you end up selling your Shures because of this, or have you kept them for your other merits?

Jun 17, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #23 of 35
So far, I would say yes. I've tried E3c, im716, Etys, Grado SR80, RS-1 and I prefer headphones over IEM.

I definately not an IEM guy. I can't stand the intimate, in your head presentation and they don't offer the richness a headphone provides IMO.

I am tempted to try the UE-10s though...

Jun 17, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by leng jai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rolleyes.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fixed

When you're talking the fact that it is your opinion is implied in most instances. Otherwise every single post should have "IMO" in it.

Jun 17, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These threads go to mudslinging so quickly...

People quickly forget that this hobby is 99% personal taste. What one person calls "super detailed" another might call "bright presentation". Personally I find some earbuds to have a particularly airy and wide sound stage for MY ears, which no headphone has matched to date (except one). At the same time they are also very "in your head" too. I assume this has something to do with the fact that they bypass the outer ear altogether...

Jun 18, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #28 of 35
Sound good and sound right are two different things.
A while back, my friends (they are in a small jazz band) did a comparison between a few cans, I vaguely remember SR80 and E4C: SR80 sounds brighter, wider sound stage, some drum beats seem "jump out" quicker -- sounds better; E4C sounds more like, hmmm, listens in the room with the band , not as exiting as SR80 -- but sounds right. They all love the JVC wood can ($1000 ???), but many think it is too mellow, too neutral, somewhat dark.

To be frank, how many of us really know how instruments are supposed to sound like? Pick the one you like, it is your ears, it is your music; enjoy it.

Jun 18, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #30 of 35
Not quite the same, but I've got SR-80s, and ER4Ps. They're different, but I couldn't say that one is better than the other. It's no contest on comfort, though, so the Grados aren't used much, in spite of their good points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back