Squeezebox/Transporter question
May 4, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #61 of 164
It's really true about listening to forgotten music.
I always swore that one day I was only going to listen to the second half of all of my CD's for 6 months
etysmile.gif

However, being that I have a Meridian CDP with a CD rom drive, my Squeezebox response is blistering, in comparison. Almost instaneous.

Dual core rocks (and jazz's too!).

May 6, 2007 at 10:10 AM Post #62 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The benefit of the better power supply is if using the squeezebox's DAC and not for using the SB as a transport?

I personaly have not used the analog outs but have stuck to using it as a transport using the coax.Over at the slim forums there is tons of people that say they for sure can hear a difference so to me i think it improved it all around.

I am not afraid to say i had zero idea how to make one of those but in the end it was really fun actually
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #64 of 164
After one weekend with the Squeezebox I can say that I really like it. The sound quality is pretty good and it helps you listen to more music than before. I really like the idea of having radio and music accessible at the same time. I would call it a "music box". Its very surprising that some of the best products are very simple ideas. Basically its like an Ipod with internet radio minus the storage space but plus the wireless access. Now that i think about it its surprising how they didn't put radio, a hard drive and a battery pack on it so that you have everything in one package.
biggrin.gif
I guess that will be Squeezebox 6 or 7.
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #65 of 164
I'm lovin' mine as well....so much so that I'll keep this one connected to my Opus and pick up a second unit to pair with my Stello as a bedroom rig. I was contemplating a sale of my Sony and Stello but now it looks like they will stay.

Setup was terrific and easy. Next is to access all that music on my home PC from work. Just love this geeky stuff!
wink.gif

May 7, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #66 of 164
I ordered a Transporter.

Anyone want to buy my Stax OmegaII's?

May 7, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #68 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you please post link for DIY powersupply? I would be interested in making one if its not too difficult.

Sure, here you go.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

It is just amb's sigma11 power supply configured for 5VDC. The build is pretty simple until you try and put it in a case, then depending on how small you decide to try and make it it can either be fairly easy to rather challenging.

May 7, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #69 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a Transporter.

Oh my...
blink.gif
biggrin.gif

I nervously await your impressions.

May 7, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #71 of 164
Quote:

I think a source mini-meet should be in place soon.
biggrin.gif
I am offering my speaker system as a test base.
biggrin.gif

Indeed!
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #72 of 164
Quote:

I think a source mini-meet should be in place soon.
biggrin.gif
I am offering my speaker system as a test base.
biggrin.gif

Let's do it later this month. I should still have a Woo Audio GES electrostat and a pair of HE-60's for an appetizer, and about 900 .flac'd CDs on an external hard drive for your sb3.

May 7, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #73 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personaly have not used the analog outs but have stuck to using it as a transport using the coax.Over at the slim forums there is tons of people that say they for sure can hear a difference so to me i think it improved it all around.

I am not afraid to say i had zero idea how to make one of those but in the end it was really fun actually
biggrin.gif

Thanks Gabe. I haven't gotten around to listening to the analog outs yet either but will eventually. A better power supply will be on my list of things to try to remember to remind myself to do at some point in the future. At least I'll be rid of the wall wart.

May 8, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #74 of 164
Quote:

Can you please post link for DIY powersupply? I would be interested in making one if its not too difficult.

Well there is no specific link where a step by step guide is shown but reading through many posts and being in contact with someone on the slim forums was a huge help in making that a reality.

If you want PM me if you are going to make the jump into it and i'll share whatever i can.

May 8, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #75 of 164
I think I might be firing you a few questions myself when I get around to the DIY PS, if you don't mind me doing so Gabe? I think I'm going to first start off the DIY road with something simple, probably a cmoy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back