Squeezebox Touch
Oct 27, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #106 of 109

Quote:
Aybody know of any other solutions to this problem.

I'm also in search for a solution, Eagle Eye.  All I want is the ability to play mp3 and flac from an external hard disk with good quality and a reasonable interface.

The squeezebox sounds tempting, but so many report problems when using it with an external disk that puts me on the fence.

Oppo players (http://www.oppodigital.com/) also feature the ability to play from an external hard disk.  Has anyone experience with them for this purpose?

[]s
Walfredo

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #107 of 109
I'm thinking of buying a Squeezebox Touch and I have a question for users that bought the device in the UK: What kind of plug does the A/C adapter ship with? Do you get a standard European plug in the package?

Thank you in advance for your replies and sorry for the thread resurrection.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #108 of 109
Seems to me the ST is kinda like a mini laptop with a remote, is that right?   The remote is pretty convenient. I also like the interface. Now, if the Mac and Microsoft folks are listening, why not remotes for your stuff, kinda like wireless keyboards only smaller, wouldn't that be nice. And how about coax or optical S/PDIF output too, wouldn't that be cool.

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #109 of 109

Quote:
I'm thinking of buying a Squeezebox Touch and I have a question for users that bought the device in the UK: What kind of plug does the A/C adapter ship with? Do you get a standard European plug in the package?

Thank you in advance for your replies and sorry for the thread resurrection.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry I can't help you on what kind of plug it ships with in Europe and the UK, but I do know that the cord is a pretty standard wall wart design, so worse comes to worse you may be able to just buy the appropriate wall wart at an electronics store or something.

Quote:
Seems to me the ST is kinda like a mini laptop with a remote, is that right?   The remote is pretty convenient. I also like the interface. Now, if the Mac and Microsoft folks are listening, why not remotes for your stuff, kinda like wireless keyboards only smaller, wouldn't that be nice. And how about coax or optical S/PDIF output too, wouldn't that be cool.

Not quite...it CAN act as an independent server for itself, but that feature (in my experience) is so-so in performance.  It's probably easier to think of it as a portal to your music server (usually a desktop computer) through a wireless router or access point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back