SQ showdown: Sansa Clip vs. Sony S638F
Jan 4, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #31 of 36
Looks like people think the clip sounds better. However, I think you'd have to be crazy to pick the clip over the sony based on SQ alone. The sony is much faster, user friendly, but even though it seems well built, the 2" screen leads me to believe that it's twice as likely to break if you drop it as opposed to the clip, which would probably be able to take a huge beating.

Jan 4, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #32 of 36
Sony S638F might be better overall than the Clip, but if you compare it to the Sansa Fuse, I'd think the Fuse wins because of its expandable memory and more functionality.

Jan 4, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #34 of 36
the clip probably is much more tumble proof than the sony though as noted: the screen is probably its death-star exhaust vent.

i have found the sony to be more to my liking but i can see how the fuze is liked for sq alone. i don't find much difference between the touch and fuze except the touch gets markedly louder.

but none of you hear hiss on the sony? (amazed)

Jan 4, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #35 of 36
Maybe your Sony is defective or you have an earlier model if yours is hissing. The Sony has absolutely no hiss.

And about the durability, a day or two ago while mine was connected to my computer my foot got snagged on the USB cable and whipped the player off the table at about 6 or 7 times normal free-falling speed (so it was as if I had dropped it off my roof onto a hard surface). It hit the floor very hard. I picked it up, afraid of what I would find wrong with it. Not even a scratch. Good as new. Excellent durability.

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #36 of 36
Though I haven't got a S638F, I have A828 and I must say the clip and sony sounds very close to one another. Sony has a bit more midbass but other than that I can't really pick out the differences using my Westone 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back