SQ: AMP3 VS Clip+?
Oct 28, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #16 of 20
I've never had my AMP3 Pro1 over 23 of 29 using my PK1's. Anymore than that and the volume is uncomfortably loud. Currently using it with my Grado 325i's and it's at 17 at what I would call a "normal" volume.

Oct 28, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #17 of 20
Thanks for everyone's advice! From the comments that I've read, many amp3 owners are pretty happy with its sound quality apart from some firmware imperfections. Based on those positive impressions, I just ordered one.
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have an Amp3?

As noted, I have both the Clip+ and the Amp3, and the Clip+ does have trouble driving some phones, need to almost max the volume. Amp3 (Pro1 with 5.31) is plenty loud and hardly ever go beyond 22 of 29, no matter which phone I use.

sorry should have specified that I was comparing the fuze to the clip+.

Oct 29, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by CML86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for everyone's advice! From the comments that I've read, many amp3 owners are pretty happy with its sound quality apart from some firmware imperfections. Based on those positive impressions, I just ordered one.
bigsmile_face.gif

They can be funky, no doubt, so be prepared. But I just listened to some tracks on my Pro1 with the UM3X/UM56 combo, and it was fantastic. There is hiss with that phone, but on louder songs, no problem.

Oct 29, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #20 of 20
Something I posted on another thread but it may be useful to people here.

When loading music onto the AMP3 it's best not to load folders with the music in the folders. I found my AMP3 was less quirky when I just loaded my individual mp3 and flac files on it. I had been trying to get mine to recognize my 16gb microSDHC but it would bring up the CMI screen and then eventually freeze. And that's with the 5.31 firmware that, supposedly, fixed the 16gb card recognition problem. When I removed all the folders and then loaded just the individual files on that same card...It recognized it. Took it a few minutes but the music on the card is listed and available.

And yes, using the AMP3 demands some strong nerves. As a first gen device it seems as if evry one has its own "Personality". But for me it has been definitely worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back