Spring Toronto Meet - Saturday May 04, 2013
Apr 28, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #76 of 104
Quote:
My build uses the Legato output stage so it drives balanced amps, not bridged ones (and I'm using a Dynamid - bridged Dynalo). It sounds amazing, even compared to the Buffalo2/IVY that I run in my main system; it just doesn't plug directly into my setup. I would have to install a volume control, add RCAs and install output caps for it to play well with my Dynalo if I want to replace the current. It was purpose built, so doing all those mods will be a bit of a hassle to suit my current system.

I've heard pretty good things about the OPUS, though never owned one myself.

The power switch is a Bulgin 250V/3A pushbutton switch with blue LED. One of my favorites at a great price.

FallenAngel,

Thanks for the information on the switch.  I'm really looking forward to hearing your Buffalo 2/IVY build at the meet.  If I like what I hear, my first purchase after the meet will probably be a set of Buffalo 3 SE boards.  I get the feeling there will be other temptations aplenty, though.

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #77 of 104
Quote:
FallenAngel,

Thanks for the information on the switch.  I'm really looking forward to hearing your Buffalo 2/IVY build at the meet.  If I like what I hear, my first purchase after the meet will probably be a set of Buffalo 3 SE boards.  I get the feeling there will be other temptations aplenty, though.

I'm still trying to figure out what he means when he says his DAC drives balanced amps, not bridged amps!
Either the amp's input is differential or it's single ended.

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #78 of 104
The Legato output stage has DC between signal and ground, so it is meant to be used without output caps for symmetrical amps (balanced), while output caps are necessary if using a bridged amp (4 independent amp boards that connect to signal to ground without maintaining symmetrical +/- signals). There aren't all that many balanced amps that aren't symmetrical outside the DIY or "crap on eBay" category, not to put them in the same realm as I own nothing commercial-bought except for my headphones/speakers. The Dynalo I use is bridged, so I need 0 DC everywhere, not an issue if I finally finish the balanced dynahi (though there's been talk of another board set, another topic altogether).

Apr 30, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #79 of 104
Cant wait to meet you guys this saturday . I will be only bringing the RWAK100 , Heir 4.Ai and Shure 215.
May I know what time are you guys planning on showing up? Anyone staying the whole day?

May 1, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #80 of 104
The Legato output stage has DC between signal and ground, so it is meant to be used without output caps for symmetrical amps (balanced), while output caps are necessary if using a bridged amp (4 independent amp boards that connect to signal to ground without maintaining symmetrical +/- signals). There aren't all that many balanced amps that aren't symmetrical outside the DIY or "crap on eBay" category, not to put them in the same realm as I own nothing commercial-bought except for my headphones/speakers. The Dynalo I use is bridged, so I need 0 DC everywhere, not an issue if I finally finish the balanced dynahi (though there's been talk of another board set, another topic altogether).

Heya,
sounds like someone's feeding you a line....:xf_eek:
We can talk at the meet!

May 1, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #81 of 104
is anyone bringing the hd800 in the end? I didn't notice anyone mentioning it, nor do i see it in the gear list. i'd be REALLY grateful if someone could bring a pair in for me to try out =)

May 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #82 of 104
How often do these meets happen?  I'm jealous as I won't be able to attend (running a 5K that day, then dinner and movie plans with the Mrs.).  I would have loved to try out some of the more advanced systems out there and shown off my M4U1s.

Cheers,

M.

May 1, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #83 of 104
Quote:
Cant wait to meet you guys this saturday . I will be only bringing the RWAK100 , Heir 4.Ai and Shure 215.
May I know what time are you guys planning on showing up? Anyone staying the whole day?

The venue will be open from 11:00AM to allow up to an hour to setup.  We have the same hour to tear down/clean up after meet ends at 6:00PM.  I will probably show up a little earlier than 11:00AM, and will stay for the whole duration of the meet, minus whatever time it takes for a quick snack.

May 1, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #84 of 104
Will be there around 1. Will stay for an hour or two.

May 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #85 of 104
Quote:
Heya,
sounds like someone's feeding you a line....
redface.gif

We can talk at the meet!

lol, I've tested it :wink:

May 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #86 of 104
May 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #87 of 104
Quote:
The venue will be open from 11:00AM to allow up to an hour to setup.  We have the same hour to tear down/clean up after meet ends at 6:00PM.  I will probably show up a little earlier than 11:00AM, and will stay for the whole duration of the meet, minus whatever time it takes for a quick snack.

I would normally suggest that if people are interested, after the meet we head to a local bar and watch our local hockey team get their asses kicked, but as I found out yesterday, space might be hard to find.

May 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #89 of 104
Quote:
I would normally suggest that if people are interested, after the meet we head to a local bar and watch our local hockey team get their asses kicked, but as I found out yesterday, space might be hard to find.

No, I don't think so.
You've got it backwards!
This is the year they take the cup!
rolleyes.gif

The Book of Nostradamus tells me this is their year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back