Spring Toronto Meet - Saturday May 04, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #61 of 104
Hi all.. have a pair of 2 month old HE500 (purchased in Toronto) up for sale on Canuck with a 3M Q cable.. Just love my HD700 too much.. The ad doesn't include the Woo T stand but if anyone here is is interested, I'll include it. I guess I'm a one headphone kind of guy.
See you all on May 4!

It's probably the Q Cable that is ruining the sound of your HE500, LOL! :D

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #62 of 104
Would somebody be kind enough to bring a Koss ESP950 paired with a Stax amp (or a Stax amp and a ESP-950 adapter?).  I would like to see if it's worth it for me to upgrade the E90 amp to a Stax amp.

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #64 of 104

Quote:
Assuming it hasn't sold by then, I'll bring the Buffalo 3 DAC with Legato 3.1 output stage. :) The current system has only 1 volume control and requires RCA for my speakers while the Dynamid runs off XLRs and has no pot, so this one has been in the closet for a bit.

How is Buffalo 3?  If you're thinking of selling it, I'm sure it has to sound decent.  What kind of internal cabling did you use, and can you upload an internal picture?  I'm thinking of buying the boards (new from TPA), but want to know if it's going to be worth putting more money towards a BIY solution.

I have a v1.0 Opus with the old v1.0 CS8416 S/PDIF reciever, and this combo was rather underwhelming the eons ago that I bought it.  I recently cased it up in a pretty Hifi2000 case and added an IVY-III output stage in hopes of reviving it, but no dice so far.  I think the old boards might be showing their age.  If it's worth it, Buffalo 3 might just be what this project needs since it'll drop straight in.  I'd still like a balanced DAC to experiment with in addition to my Concero.  Thanks for any input.

Just saw your FS ad.  What power button did you use, and will it mount to a 10mm thick panel?  I've been looking all over for one of those!

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #65 of 104
My build uses the Legato output stage so it drives balanced amps, not bridged ones (and I'm using a Dynamid - bridged Dynalo). It sounds amazing, even compared to the Buffalo2/IVY that I run in my main system; it just doesn't plug directly into my setup. I would have to install a volume control, add RCAs and install output caps for it to play well with my Dynalo if I want to replace the current. It was purpose built, so doing all those mods will be a bit of a hassle to suit my current system.

I've heard pretty good things about the OPUS, though never owned one myself.

The power switch is a Bulgin 250V/3A pushbutton switch with blue LED. One of my favorites at a great price.

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #66 of 104
Quote:
My build uses the Legato output stage so it drives balanced amps, not bridged ones (and I'm using a Dynamid - bridged Dynalo). It sounds amazing, even compared to the Buffalo2/IVY that I run in my main system; it just doesn't plug directly into my setup. I would have to install a volume control, add RCAs and install output caps for it to play well with my Dynalo if I want to replace the current. It was purpose built, so doing all those mods will be a bit of a hassle to suit my current system.

I've heard pretty good things about the OPUS, though never owned one myself.

The power switch is a Bulgin 250V/3A pushbutton switch with blue LED. One of my favorites at a great price.

Oh no!

Not a balanced vs. bridged discussion!

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #71 of 104
Apr 28, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #72 of 104
Well, too bad it happens on May 4th, My HDVD800 will be arrived on 13th......

Is every on required to bring stuffs. I think my stuff is pretty normal, rather just donate money^_^

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #73 of 104
Quote:
Well, too bad it happens on May 4th, My HDVD800 will be arrived on 13th......

Is every on required to bring stuffs. I think my stuff is pretty normal, rather just donate money^_^

If you bring the HD800 Id appreciate it. 

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #75 of 104
Quote:

And if you donate to the door I'm sure the host will appreciate it

I guess so.
The thing is, I do not have things to power is, even bring in the DAC 1 or DX100 will not do it justice.
Quote:
If you bring the HD800 Id appreciate it. 

will do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back