Spring Toronto Meet - Saturday May 04, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #17 of 104
^ likewise, I'm in the moving process so my attendance is tentative.

If I do come however, I have a laptop and two iPod touches full of music, M-100, GR07 Bass Edition, and C&C BH.

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #18 of 104
Double post. My bad.

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #19 of 104
for those going, i assume there are going to be quite a few iems but i think someone should try to get some of those alcohol swipes that they have at bay bloor radio for cleaning the tips
anyone know where to get those?

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #20 of 104
Quote:
I'll be there.  Though the gear I have will already be brought by others.  Should I still bring something?

Sure, bring something!
You probably have a combination of 'phones and amps that no one else has!

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #21 of 104
Great to hear this progress while I've been away for the past few weeks. I'm in! :D

A note on security - generally it's not a large concern, though certainly a consideration. Previous hotel conference room meets had printed cards to be worn around the neck and given only to members of the meet (or +1 attendees) so it's easy to spot when someone shouldn't be there. In terms of internal security, that's just something to watch out for and follow the simple rules of "Don't ever take equipment off the table without specific permission from the owner to use it on another rig."

As for lunch, it's almost impossible for everybody to get out to lunch at exactly the same time, so I wouldn't worry about it much.

Since this will be a little bit of a trip for me, I'll just bring:
Laptop
Buffalo 2 DAC
Balanced Dynalo
Balanced HD-650 + Balanced Grado HP-2

If there is considerable interest, I'll drag down the Pass FirstWatt F5, but this will be quite a mission (though worth it if there are K1000s around).

See you all there.

Apr 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #23 of 104
My name's already up there, but I'll just list the gear I'm bringing.  Kind of low-end stuff.

Laptop
Fiio E17
AKG K550 (want to trade or sell these)
Hifiman RE-Zero with BTG Audio SPC Midnight cable

Apr 10, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #24 of 104
Quote:
My name's already up there, but I'll just list the gear I'm bringing.  Kind of low-end stuff.

Laptop
Fiio E17
AKG K550 (want to trade or sell these)
Hifiman RE-Zero with BTG Audio SPC Midnight cable

I'd be interested in trying out the E17. I have the E10 and E11, would be interesting to see how the E17 fares up.

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #25 of 104
I'd be interested in trying out the E17. I have the E10 and E11, would be interesting to see how the E17 fares up.

I'll have the E17 with the E09K dock and an E12.

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #26 of 104
Quote:
I'll have the E17 with the E09K dock and an E12.

Perfect, it'll be a Fiio party then. I'd be interested in trying out the E12 with planars.

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #27 of 104
I will bring:

Laptop with Stoner Acoustic UD100
Bravo Audio Ocean amp
ALO Rx MKII
Modified T50RP
DIY Magnum v3
W3
Koss ESP950

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #28 of 104
My source is my desktop so I can't lug that on public transit.  My portable solution is only 256 kbps files (for the sake of space) so it's not a fair comparison to try.  I can still bring my HD 650s with the black dragon cable if people wanna try it.  Will also bring my e17 with e09k dock if needed (seems we already have a few).

Apr 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #30 of 104
Quote:
for those going, i assume there are going to be quite a few iems but i think someone should try to get some of those alcohol swipes that they have at bay bloor radio for cleaning the tips
anyone know where to get those?

Yeah, I'll grab a stack from work, maybe even a whole box to share around.

I was going to bring my own tips for this reason though. I think that'd be a better idea. Tips are personal cuz of the fit/seal/sound sig preference, so I think using your own preferred tips (if you have any) would be better than wiping down after every use, but of course having wipes available would bring no harm, just a suggestion. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back